wpa_supplicant failing at start

Hello, I am having a problem with wpa_supplicant, when the system starts sometimes (very often) I receive an error message that says:
Code:
wpa_supplicant[621]:ioct   device not configured

When I try to ping my WiFi router it says that the host is down.

What kind of wireless device do you have? Do you have the appropriate lines in /etc/rc.conf to configure it? For example:
Code:
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
The ath0 part above would be replaced with the device name (/dev/xxxx) appropriate for what you have in your system.

ljboiler said:
What kind of wireless device do you have? Do you have the appropriate lines in /etc/rc.conf to configure it?
For example:
Code:
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
The "ath0" part above would be replaced with the device name (/dev/xxxx) appropriate for what you have in your system.

Yes, of course. It is not a /etc/rc.conf configuration, since sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. It must be something at start that fails to load or it does not load/read the configuration. I do not know really.

I see from searching the forum posts that you are working with an Encore N300 USB adapter, no (urtwn)? dmesg will probably be the most help in seeing what might be happening; perhaps the adapter is slow sometimes in resetting itself after a system reboot and isn't ready by the time the system is ready to start the network interfaces and wpa_supplicant.

ljboiler said:
I see from searching the forum posts that you are working with an Encore N300 USB adapter, no (urtwn)? dmesg will probably be the most help in seeing what might be happening; perhaps the adapter is slow sometimes in resetting itself after a system reboot and isn't ready by the time the system is ready to start the network interfaces and wpa_supplicant.

Could be, on Windows it always works.

Back