3945abg wireless intel on my laptop

Also why are there no networkmanagers for freebsd? How would I even connect to a wpa2 AES personal connection?
Eh screw the whole thing, I will just stick to Freebsd on my server which has no wireless or need to worry about nvidia graphics driver settings lol.

D:, I got rid of freebsd, oh well, not really, I just switched to pcbsd(which is freebsd duh), and grub is giving me problems :( (I have only installed it, not ran it)

If anyone here is experienced with the super confusing grub2, I'm all ears. (I don't know how to add it, it's on /dev/sda3 or how grub sees it (hd0,3).
I would just edit the menu.lst file except that's gone with grub2, they made it so much harder.
I posted this on the pcbsd forum, but got no help, maybe you guys know anything?

Also I have tried to boot from the command-line grub, except guess what:
I do the typical:
root (hd0,3)
kernel
unrecognized command 'kernel'

I then googled this, and found out it's now called linux... uh... ok

linux /boot/loader
Invalid magic number
fffuuuu.jpg

Oh and since I don't want to clutter this thread, I'll post in a new section.

@jigglywiggly

If anyone here is experienced with the super confusing grub2, I'm all ears.

Why you installed that crap (GRUB2) / what for?

Anyway, try these:

Code:
  set root=(hd0,3)
  chainloader +1
  boot

Dual booting freebsd with linux that uses grub2

jigglywiggly said:
If anyone here is experienced with the super confusing grub2, I'm all ears. (I don't know how to add it, it's on /dev/sda3 or how grub sees it (hd0,3).
I would just edit the menu.lst file except that's gone with grub2, they made it so much harder.
I posted this on the pcbsd forum, but got no help, maybe you guys know anything?

This worked for me: http://old.nabble.com/Dual-Booting-Ubuntu-Linux---FreeBSD-using-the-new-Grub2-td26154525.html

Back