2023 Fundraising Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anne Dickison

Thank-you.jpeg

It’s that time of year again. We’ve closed the books on our 2023 accounting, and I’m very pleased to share that because of you, the FreeBSD Foundation raised $1,263,772.05 towards our goal last year! Thank you to everyone who helped us continue our work advancing and supporting the FreeBSD operating system.

I’d also like to express my gratitude to our Partners, whose generosity brought in $350,000 of our total funding. Collaborating with longtime supporters like NetApp, ARM, Juniper, Beckhoff, Netflix, Stormshield, Tarsnap, and Microsoft, as well as new contributors like Blackberry and RG Nets, is so important to what we do to support FreeBSD. With the addition of Greg Wallace, our Senior Director of Partnerships and Research, we can offer even more opportunities to work with companies using FreeBSD. If that’s you or your employer, please reach out to Greg at partnerships@freebsdfoundation.org to find out how we might be able to work together.

As for the future, we’re very excited about new initiatives for 2024, including a commitment to greater transparency within our annual budget. Coming in March, you’ll be able to get a better sense of how your support is being used to improve FreeBSD.

You’ll hear more about our other initiatives in the coming weeks. Until then, here’s a sneak peek at what we’re planning for the coming year.

• Improving the Desktop and Developer Experience: We are dedicated to improving the user interface and developer tools to make FreeBSD even more accessible and user-friendly.
    • Implementing key features and technologies: We’re ensuring FreeBSD stands out as a compelling choice for your use cases and emerging markets.
    • Strengthening Partnerships: Building on the success of our collaborations in 2023, we are looking to enhance existing partnerships while establishing new ones to assist companies better using FreeBSD
    • Expanding FreeBSD Visibility: Increasing awareness is key this year. Our plan is to accomplish that by creating more content highlighting the benefits and features of FreeBSD, working with companies to share success stories and use cases, and increasing media outreach.

We’re looking at 2024 as the year of growth for both the Foundation and the Project, and I’m excited to see what we can accomplish thanks to your generosity. Your support, no matter the size, is imperative to our success and that of the Project. Thank you again for all you do for FreeBSD.

2024, here we come!

— Contributed by Deb Goodkin

donate_tat_heart2.png

Want to help get 2024 off to great start?
Invest in FreeBSD today!​

Donate

The post 2023 Fundraising Recap first appeared on FreeBSD Foundation.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back