Keyboard issue after Xorg configure

NEW PROBLEM:

After install Xorg through SYSINSTALL, I test the configuration using Xorg -configure and test the new config file, the system encounter keyboard issue. here is the output:

Code:
/usr/local/bin/xkbcomp: not found
(EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0)
(EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
XKB: Fail to compile keymap
Keyboard initialization failed. THis could be a missing or incorrect
setup of xkeyboard-config

Any clue how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hi nakal,

When I install Xorg, I pretty much choose everything from sysinstall show and after the installation complete, I then test the configure file using Xorg -configure and test the new configure file as suggested after running the above command, and that when the error pop up.

Nakal, should re-install using packageadd() command this time instead using sysinstall? How about install xkbcomp, packageadd() command too?

Thanks

Well, you should understand that I don't have access to your PC.

pkg_info(1) tells you what has been installed. You should make sure that there are Xorg drivers for every piece of hardware that you want to use and Xorg needs.

I told you already that at least one package is missing. It's pretty obvious, because the error message says so.

HI nakal and SirDice,

Actually I re-install the base OS and then I use pkg_add -r to install both Xorg and then configure it but then encounter something else that I post in another thread but then mysteriously I got into X windows, and since I was able to get into X windows I then install KDE and wa la ... my system working with Xorg and KDE and I'm happy. I wish I know what I did but I didn't do anything since my last post in another thread and I came home from work and then try it out and it work without understanding why.

Anyway, I love my new FREEBDS FreeBSD 8.1 system and I will install SAMBA for my windows network.

UPDATE:

I found out that this line of option must be in /etc/rc.conf to detect keyboard and mouse in Xorg, otherwise the mouse and keyboard will freeze up in x windows.
Code:
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
Just want to share with those who need it. Now is to fine grin my system for the network setting.

BSDME2

Back