creating image from installed FreeBSD

Hello to all
i installing FreeBSD and modifiy this OS . now , i want move this OS to other system . i want creating a image form this FreeBSD from my system .can i this work by a software ?
like : PC-BSD that is an OS from modified FreeBSD .
Do you understand my mean ?
thank you

And there's always the rsync method.

As with everything in Unix, TMTOWTDI rules the roost. :)

[There's More Than One Way To Do It]

hello
thank you for your answer
but i want a stone alone installation wizard for install my freeBSD on other computer that run from boot and exrtact files and boot sectors .
like : norton ghost work but norton ghost need to select a image file .
i want this work run automatically . number of system (that is host for my FreeBSD ) and this system not available .
please see PC BSD installation dvd for understand my mean.

This would be slow to install, but completely automated. Create a DVD using the SRCD so it's bootable, burn it to a DVD with your image file, then have a startup script execute [cmd=]dd if=/path/to/image.file of=/dev/sda bs=1M[/cmd]. The machine you boot with the DVD would be automatically wiped out and replaced with a bit-wise copy of the image you created. Just be careful doing something like this - it'll silently destroy anything on the hard drive.

starsoheil said:
hello
thank you for your answer
but i want a stone alone installation wizard for install my freeBSD on other computer that run from boot and exrtact files and boot sectors .
like : norton ghost work but norton ghost need to select a image file .
i want this work run automatically . number of system (that is host for my FreeBSD ) and this system not available .
please see PC BSD installation dvd for understand my mean.

TRY G4U it's a norton ghost free implementation

Back