11.2 -> 11.3: make buildworld fails with undefined reference

When using make buildworld to build the system from source, the build fails with the following error:

Code:
/usr/obj/usr/src/lib/clang/libllvm/libllvm.a(PPCTargetObjectFile.o):(.rodata._ZTVN4llvm26PPC64LinuxTargetObjectFileE+0x18): undefined reference to `llvm::TargetLoweringObjectFileELF::emitModuleMetadata(llvm::MCStreamer&, llvm::Module&, llvm::TargetMachine const&) const'
c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I just updated the source to RELENG 11.3 using subversion and this is what's happening. Any ideas on what I need to do to correct this? Is it failing for other people? Should I send in a bug report?

Well, I would...but I don't know how to get the -v to the linker from the make buildworld on the command line. What variable do I have to set to do that? I can't seem to find it in the documentation.

Well, I would...but I don't know how to get the -v to the linker from the make buildworld on the command line. What variable do I have to set to do that? I can't seem to find it in the documentation.
Indeed. Unfortunately I also have not done it and don't know how to. Anyone?

I have an idea - the source is built in /usr/obj, if I recall correctly. Search the directory for a log file, maybe the commands were logged there. You could call the linker manually with the command from the log file, if it exists.

I have an idea - the source is built in /usr/obj, if I recall correctly. Search the directory for a log file, maybe the commands were logged there. You could call the linker manually with the command from the log file, if it exists.

I made a log file with this command: make buildworld > /tmp/buildworld.tmp 2>&1 & and it showed the error in the file, but not the invocation of ld. Since I ran make update on the 11.2 source directory, I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. So, in order to resolve the issue, I deleted the contents of /usr/src and /usr/obj and I'm starting the build over. It's been running for about 21 hours now, so far so good.

Back