FreeBSD Foundation is not in tune with FreeBSD forums?

Are you a versatile problem-solver with a knack for operating system development? The FreeBSD Foundation is searching for a software developer with varied interests, skills, and a passion for perfecting the user experience on FreeBSD.

Without more actual info to go on, perhaps the OP incorrectly assumes that "user experience on FreeBSD" refers entirely to a userbase consisting of children and beginners who are unable to learn and does not include skilled users and their user experience involving the command line. Instead they arrived at the bizarre conclusion that the foundation wants to ruin the user experience with "beginner friendly" GUI systems and other "home PC" style nonsense?

In particular, they may not have noticed this part:

• Submit fixes for critical third party software to make it run well on FreeBSD. For example, you may write daemons required for desktop environments like Gnome, KDE, or Xfce.

I (and I am sure many others of these forums) are very supportive of those ports remaining third party. No-one is suggesting removing them. Heck, I think we should bring Gnome 2 back because much of the new stuff sucks.

Or they could be referring to something else... dunno ;)

Anne from the foundation always seems to leave information for us.
Is the foundation in tune with the mailing lists too?

I don't think that is their job. They solicit donations and promote the product and enhance it from donations.
Sponsor conferences, GSOC, many other things but being hands on with the forum is not their job.
I think its a good structure. I finiancially support it too! Do you?

• Thanks
Reactions: veg
The OP is mysterious indeed, but that job really sounds like a dream.

Back