Solved FreeBSD 13.1: can't burn BDs after upgrade from 13.0

I did an upgrade from 13.0 to 13.1 a week ago. Now I tried to burn a backup to a BD - which wprked on 13.0 - but growisofs gives this cryptic error message:
:-( unable to CAMGETPASSTHRU for /dev/cd0: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Code:
cd0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus2 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP55EB40 1.02> Removable CD-ROM SCSI device
cd0: 40.000MB/s transfers
cd0: 0MB (1 2048 byte sectors)
cd0: quirks=0x10<10_BYTE_ONLY>

Code:
# camcontrol devlist
<Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2TB SVQ02B6Q>  at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,ada0)
<AHCI SGPIO Enclosure 2.00 0001>   at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass1,ses0)
<HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP55EB40 1.02>     at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass2,cd0)

Code:
# growisofs -speed=4 -iso-level 4 -J -Z /dev/cd0 044
:-( unable to CAMGETPASSTHRU for /dev/cd0: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Any Idea what to do about it?

Found that already, but my BD burner is attached via USB and it worked on 13.0. IMO USB uses SCSI commandset, not ATA. It's a shame I don't know enough of the internals of FreeBSD to trace that error down.

This sounds like some weird ABI issue, which shouldn't happen. If you build the port that has growisofs in it on the new system, does that fix the problem? And then if you delete it and reinstall the package does it break again?

Found that already, but my BD burner is attached via USB and it worked on 13.0. IMO USB uses SCSI commandset, not ATA. It's a shame I don't know enough of the internals of FreeBSD to trace that error down.
I don't think this is a USB transport / translation issue. I think it may be a mistake in a MFC that's causing a ABI breakage that we've not detected until now.

grahamperrin: It's USB3. I did hw-probe -all -upload, the result is here:

jbodenmann: knew somebody would say that ... well, "The design and implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System, 2nd edition" is sitting on my desk. think I'll have to remove the dust :)

bsdimp: rebuilding sysutils/dvd+rw-tools from ports soves the issue, thank you very much! I first tried deleting/reinstalling sysutils/dvd+rw-tools from binaries, but that did not work.

So this case is solved for me. Anyway, should I file a bugreport or is this someting that will be resolved automaticly in some weeks?

Back