Roundcube: Blank page error 500 when clicking on settings

Hi,

I installed roundcube-php73-1.4.8,1 on my FreeBSD 11.4 system after having installed dovecot-2.3.11.3 and postfix-3.5.7,1 before (packages).

Clicking on settings
=> http://domain.tld/roundcube/?_task=settings
results in an error 500 page and following logfile entries:

Code:
[27-Sep-2020 19:12:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Q() in /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/recipient_to_contact/recipient_to_contact.php:323
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php(469): recipient_to_contact->prefs_section_link(Array)
#1 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/steps/settings/func.inc(151): rcube_plugin_api->exec_hook('preferences_sec...', Array)
#2 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/steps/settings/func.inc(59): rcmail_user_prefs()
#3 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcmail_output_html.php(1359): rcmail_sections_list(Array)
#4 [internal function]: rcmail_output_html->xml_command(Array)
#5 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcmail_output_html.php(1209): preg_replace_callback('/<roundcube:([-...', Array, '<roundcube:incl...')
#6 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcmail_output_html.php(781): rcmail_output_html->parse_xml('<roundcube:incl...')
#7 /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcmail_output_html.php(615): rcmail_output_html->parse('settings in /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/recipient_to_contact/recipient_to_contact.php on line 323

Does somebody know the reason for that error?

Thanks and best regards
sidney2007

Did that recipient_to_contact plug-in come with roundcube or did you install it?

Looking that error up the plug-in seems to be trying to use a function that was changed in roundcube 1.3

Strange. This appears to be a 3rd party plugin that doesn't appear in the original roundcube sources.

A recipient_to_contact plugin does exist on github (https://github.com/namesco/Roundcube-Plugin-Recipient-To-Contact) and has the same issue on the same line, in a file that hasn't been updated in 6 years.

I'm not even sure how this plugin would be enabled without adding it to the config file.

You could try changing the call to the Q() function on line 323 of /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/recipient_to_contact/recipient_to_contact.php to be rcube::Q() instead, but that might not be the only issue seeing as the plugin is years out of date. If you can do without this plugin, it may be easier to disable it.

I have roundcube-php72-1.4.8,1 but there's no such plugin installed. Maybe you have this plugin left from old installation. Check your ../roundcube/config/config.inc.php and remove it under $config['plugins'] array

Thanks, but it is my first roundcube-installation on the FreeBSD 11.4 OS. So I wonder how it should be left from an old installation? Strange ...

Best regards
sidney2017

Strange. This appears to be a 3rd party plugin that doesn't appear in the original roundcube sources.

A recipient_to_contact plugin does exist on github (https://github.com/namesco/Roundcube-Plugin-Recipient-To-Contact) and has the same issue on the same line, in a file that hasn't been updated in 6 years.

I'm not even sure how this plugin would be enabled without adding it to the config file.

You could try changing the call to the Q() function on line 323 of /usr/local/www/roundcube/plugins/recipient_to_contact/recipient_to_contact.php to be rcube::Q() instead, but that might not be the only issue seeing as the plugin is years out of date. If you can do without this plugin, it may be easier to disable it.

Thanks for your hints!

The aim of that plugin is described in GitHub:

When sending an email to recipients that aren't in the address book, this plugin displays a form to quickly save these contacts.

Is that functionality integrated in Roundcube meanwhile by default?

Thanks in advance
sidney2017

Are you following some tutorial regarding installation of the roundcube? Because there's no such plugin in the ports and the pkg are currently on version 1.4.6,1

Hi,

I could install pkg 1.4.8.1 via pkg install -f roundcube-php73-1.4.8,1

I have mainly followed this manual, but in some areas it is not quite up to date anymore.

Thanks and kind regards
sidney2017

As mentioned above, I followed these instructions in the first place, but not exclusively, because of course some points stand out directly as obsolete. But with your hint to the plugin you are absolutely right, thank you!

Is the function of this plugin now implemented in Roundcube by default? Or is there an alternative plugin?

Thanks
sidney2017

Back