<compiler.h> and <image.h>

I'm trying to compile some Linux programs which are available here but they require a number of headers such as <compiler.h> and <image.h> which gcc can't find although I do see several versions of these headers in various subdirectories under /usr/local/include/ although they are different files.

Hi balanga
If you're going to build Linux stuff on FreeBSD. You're going to need a Linux environment. You'll need (at least) emutators/linux-base-<version>, and then the Linux environment to go along with it.
It might be helpful to have a look at some of the Linux related ports. Searching freshports with the key word "linux" should give you some good examples to examine.

HTH

--Chris

BTW those headers the programs are looking for. Are likely Linux headers. Not the FreeBSD headers (why you need the Linux bits installed). :)

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not really sure what <version> refers to...
There are several Linux "dase" versions, some FreeBSD versions come with more than one linux-base-<version>.
IOW <version> is a place holder for what ever Linux base version is available on the FreeBSD version you're running;
linux-base-c7 , for example. For example, on one of the 11-STABLE boxes I'm running. I see this
Code:
ls /usr/ports/emulators/ | grep linux_base
linux_base-c6
linux_base-c7
So in this case <version> could stand for either c6, or c7.
Sorry I wasn't clearer.

HTH

--Chris

Back