suspend to RAM wake by USB?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is by design (eg on the generic kernel) using acpiconf -s3 the system suspends fine incl the USB devices (mouse and keyboard), wake up only by the power switch. Do I need to add/change something (like to run a daemon) in order to make it wake up from keyboard?

(running 11.2-RC1)

never mind I figure it out, looks like this option is not/can't be implemented on FreeBSD, looks like Linux/windows only feature.

Doesn't work for me either using an USB keyboard, but connecting the keyboard to a PS/2 port (with an adapter) makes it work.
I have a backliit keyboard here. Where connected to USB, the lights are off during suspend, but allways on, when connected to PS/2.
The lack of power might be the reason for not resuming by keypress from USB (I have no idea how Linux or Windows make that work).

Actually, while writing here I remember that one of my mainboards has batterycharging support via USB while turned off.
I usually have this feature disabled in the BIOS but I'll give it a try and see if that makes resuming possible via USB connected keyboard.

For what it's worth; is s3 suspend the chosen choice in your bios ACPI options? Also, in it's current state; does unplugging, then plugging the USB keyboard/mouse wake it up?

sorry I dont use the FreeBSD anymore on this system, what I remember is that un/re-pluging the USB devices did not wake up the pc. as for the BIOS, not too many options there, but the suspend to RAM works fine under any linux distro.

Back