How to Compile Gnome from src off Github?

Hi all,
Anyone know how to Gnome directly from the latest sources off github for FreeBSD. I cannot seem to find any documentation on how this would work. My ultimate goal is to get a modern version of Cinnamon on FreeBSD and figured porting over Gnome's process would be a good first step.

Any ideas? I've emailed the freebsd-gnome listserv a few times with only one very minimal response.
Thanks!

I'd start by checking the patches which are applied to the current ports collection. Those should give you a good idea as to what gets changed.

I'm really not into Cinnamon so I have no idea about its specifics, but x11/cinnamon exists in ports tree, I'd better start there if the target goal is to get up-to-date cinnamon running.

I've emailed the freebsd-gnome listserv a few times with only one very minimal response.

I sent a message to freebsd-gnome mailing list a month ago which briefly descibes steps I use to compile the latest GNOME from Git on FreeBSD. I hope it can help you.
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2018-May/038555.html

I seldom use FreeBSD forum. (probably only once in several months) If you need further help, you can reply to the mailing list message or find us on #freebsd-gnome on freenode IRC.

Back