RPi3 - 20180514 image: boot issue

Image: FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-RPI3-20180514-r333606.img.xz

A couple of months ago, I had been able to download and boot the 12.0-current images on the Raspberry Pi 3.

I haven't had a chance to ~play~ for a while. When I tried the image above, FreeBSD would not boot. Attached are a couple images of the console messages. Sorry about the blurriness. :)

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• rpi3-01.jpg
    rpi3-01.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 387
  • rpi3-02.jpg
    rpi3-02.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 400
OK. I've got a few other things I can do until the next image appears. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks again.

I'll probably wait until those updates make it into the downloadable image. It is real easy for me to download an test an image, more difficult for me to track specific changes to the source code as they migrate to the image.

I'm in no hurry here. ;)

My experience is that r328637 is currently the only working FreeBSD on PI.ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/12.0/FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-RPI3-20180131-r328637.img.xz (Luckily that I have a backup).I'll probably wait

Btw, do you have managed to get the FUSE SSHFS working on the PI ??

I haven't tried that.

At this point, I am just looking to get a base system of FreeBSD installed that has the FreeBSD reliability that I've grown accustomed to.

The first challenge is to recompile the OS on the Pi. I've not yet been able to get through that process.

Then -CURRENT isn't what you want. It's the development version of FreeBSD and as such anything and everything can break at any given time.

Yeah, I probably could have worded my comment a bit better. :)

I understand the more interesting aspects of using -CURRENT, and I'm more than willing to continue using -CURRENT in a test/play mode until 12.0 is formally released.

At this point, I'm looking more to learn about FreeBSD on the Pi3 than anything else. -CURRENT is perfectly OK for my needs in that area.

Thanks for the correction.

Do you experience that Linux raspbian is running much faster on RPI3b than FREEBSD?

I've not done any speed tests at this point.

Aside from me not really being overly concerned about speed on the Pi at this point, the FreeBSD image still has kernel debugging enabled, so any speed testing would not be indicative of how a production FreeBSD would run.

Back