Solved Failed startx on nvidia optimus

i have a difficult thing to set up Xorg on my laptop nvidia optimus, Allienware M11x R3 Intel i7-4xxx Nvidia gt 540M and intel driver Ram 8 GB When i install Xorg on Freebsd and startx It failed I tried to create spesicif driver to enable just one driver because my laptop cant run both driver on Freebsd ,i tried all driver Vesa, Sfcb, and Intel and Nvidia on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-vesa.conf. Or intel-driver.conf or nvidia-driver.conf But it cant load and get same error I tried to figure out to run X -configure And tried startx again again, it it still same
When i tun TrueOS It works when i run X -cofigure then strartx !

And the error outputs on freebsd when i run Startx without X -configure https://pastebin.com/P8APnSn5

Hei Harmnot
I've seen that pensador_13 tried to help you a lot, but I guess your FreeBSD installation is now in a completely unknown state after all that stuff you did and you couldn't provide the steps in detail when he asked you.
The chance that anybody here can help you to set up such tricky stuff like Optimus, with a messed up OS as a starting point, are rather low.

I'm not trying to teach you, but if you take it a little slower, write down what you do did and put a bit more effort into the way, how you post, you're chances are much better to get it working.

I would almost suggest to reinstall FreeBSD first, take the basic steps from the Handbook or helpful threads here on the forum and then ask again.

Hei Harmnot
I've seen that pensador_13 tried to help you a lot, but I guess your FreeBSD installation is now in a completely unknown state after all that stuff you did and you couldn't provide the steps in detail when he asked you.
The chance that anybody here can help you to set up such tricky stuff like Optimus, with a messed up OS as a starting point, are rather low.

I'm not trying to teach you, but if you take it a little slower, write down what you do did and put a bit more effort into the way, how you post, you're chances are much better to get it working.

I would almost suggest to reinstall FreeBSD first, take the basic steps from the Handbook or helpful threads here on the forum and then ask again.
Hey thanks for your suggestion , yes i was get confused a lot of that, but i figured out , i am not IT guy but i try to learn, everyday wants to learn something
Yeah that’s me as well
I have set it up now and work fine on my laptop
I was wanted to deleted this thread but i could delete it ,
And i have been report this thread also to delete by admin:):)
I want to make this thread *solved *

Thanks your advice and I appreciate it
And thanks a lot also with that guy to help me and willing to explain more about it
:)

NIce to hear it's working now :)
To mark a thread SOLVED, go to the top of the thread and in the upper right click on "... more options" -> "edit thread" and then in the thread title you set the "(no prefix)" to "solved".

NIce to hear it's working now :)
To mark a thread SOLVED, go to the top of the thread and in the upper right click on "... more options" -> "edit thread" and then in the thread title you set the "(no prefix)" to "solved".
Hold on, I want to ask you something
Where I install some progress on pkg install (name of packages)
The speed is pretty slow , how can I make it faster ?
Can you help me about this

I'm not quite sure what you mean....
Say if you pkg install xorg gnome firefox that will for sure take some time because it's a lot to fetch.
The files are fetched from many different places and some of those are fast, others are very slow.
I'd also prefer connecting an ethernet cable over wireless when installing "big" packages like xorg, firefox and desktop environments.

Edit:
Check out the Formatting guidelines for better readability.

Yes
I'm not quite sure what you mean....
Say if you pkg install xorg gnome firefox that will for sure take some time because it's a lot to fetch.
The files are fetched from many different places and some of those are fast, others are very slow.
I'd also prefer connecting an ethernet cable over wireless when installing "big" packages like xorg, firefox and desktop environments.
[/QUOTE]
Yep when I install kde4
It was pretty slow and took 3 hours to download
On Linux for downloading to that size 1GB( faster
I already use mirror tho but still same , and I failed to mirror to ftp

If you fetch via wireless it will be much faster on Linux, since it supports 802.11ac and FreeBSD does not.
Where I live I guess it takes about 5-10 minutes to install the named above packages via pkg install over ethernet.

If you fetch via wireless it will be much faster on Linux, since it supports 802.11ac and FreeBSD does not.
Where I live I guess it takes about 5-10 minutes to install the named above packages via pkg install over ethernet.
I will try to connect it by Ethernet then , how can I set it up on command to connect by Ethernet?

Back