Solved pcmanfm + can't save files - related to gtk update

After updated to glib-2.44.1 cairo-1.14.2,2 gobject-introspection-1.44.0 atk-2.16.0 gdk-pixbuf2-2.31.5 adwaita-icon-theme-3.16.2.1 libsoup-gnome-2.50.0 gtk3-3.16.6 at-spi2-atk-2.16.0 at-spi2-core-2.16.0 gdk-pixbuf2-2.31.5 and some other packages pcmanfm don't start anymore.
Can't save or download files with Firefox, midori, thunderbird and all editors. (freezes). (able to download and save files on the commandline). No error messages if I try start pcmanfm from commandline, or try save with an editor something which is started on commandline (freezes also).

(FreeBSD-10.1 amd64, windowmanager fvwm-crystal (fvwm 2.6.5)
Don't know which package cause this.

I also think so. But I was sure the maintainer or someone of the community will find quicker a solution than gnome.org.

But: (PR 199873)
Code:
Glib 2.45.x has a fix for this problem. But since it quite deep, it will not be backported to the 2.44.x series

I don't know if it's better, but maybe it is necessarily to switch all this programs/ports from gtk2 to gtk3 or bump the portversion of devel/glib20 to 2.45.x..

But: (PR 199873)
I don't know if it's better, but maybe it is necessarily to switch all this programs/ports from gtk2 to gtk3 or bump the portversion of devel/glib20 to 2.45.x..
I don't use ports, but pkgng. I guess I have to 'downgrade' to Linux until, one day, these issues are resolved. Stinks because the FreeBSD experience should be a lot better than Linux. :(

Why ? With this temporary workaround it works. As filemanager you can use xfe (works without gtk).
Thanks for the xfe idea. I actually went ahead and installed that and it's meeting my needs, but I absolutely must have Firefox and Thunderbird working correctly for my business needs, and right now they are not.

EDIT
: Oh, and I need Gimp working too...and it's not. That's a lot of 'core' packages that are essentially non-functional.

Wish I was smart enough and had enough time to review all of the glib2 and gtk2 code and just fix it for FreeBSD (and others). My brain just doesn't operate at super-star big-time developer levels...just tiny little open-source project levels.

Just updated today and it looks like the glib (and Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, etc) issues are resolved by the glib update. Good job FreeBSD maintainers! :-D

bugzilla-gnome seems find a solution https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=753378
"commenting out that mutex in gio/gunionvolumemonitor.c
and it seem to not hang any more"

581 _g_mount_get_for_mount_path (const gchar *mount_path,
582 GCancellable *cancellable)
583 {

593 if (klass->get_mount_for_mount_path)
594 {
595 // g_rec_mutex_lock (&the_volume_monitor_mutex);
596 mount = klass->get_mount_for_mount_path (mount_path, cancellable);
597 // g_rec_mutex_unlock (&the_volume_monitor_mutex);
598 }

Back