firefox-53.0.1 (gtk3) - no text in menues and toolbar.

As in the last versions of firefox. With gtk2 everything was fine. But if I tried gtk3 I had no text in the menues and toolbars.
I compile it in the port, I tried it with poudriere, I tried
to install it with pkg - all the same result.
In an earlier version, I deleted my profile and tried it, without success
with gtk3.
Don't know what cauese it. Any hint?

Pfff.. and how it works? With gtk2 I have nothing to do. I don't know what gtk3 want. It is also not clear if I look into the net. Please, someone an example of an gtk-3.0/settings.ini ?
Only install the themes seems not enough.

The end of gtk2 - yes, the maintainer told me.
Firefox --safe-mode is worse than normal mode.
Code:
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING: Unimplemented function invoke_NPP_SetValue() at /ram/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper/work/nspluginwrapper-1.4.4/src/npw-wrapper.c:2404
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING: Unimplemented function invoke_NPP_SetValue() at /ram/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper/work/nspluginwrapper-1.4.4/src/npw-wrapper.c:2404
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 80: saw unknown, expected number

After fc-cache -fv no error message. (the nsplugin-wrapper message, I think does not matter).
No success.
Now I could not write anything in the address field.

The last thing I can think to try is: backup ~/.mozilla/firefox and ~/.cache/mozilla/firefox, delete them (not the backups) and start a clean Firefox profile.

I did not see this post. I can share my settings.ini as example.

Code:
[Settings]
gtk-theme-name=Arc
gtk-icon-theme-name=la-capitaine-icon-theme-0.4.0
gtk-font-name=Carlito 12
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=0
gtk-menu-images=0
gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle=hintmedium
gtk-xft-rgba=rgb
gtk-cursor-theme-name=capitaine-cursors

The original file was created using x11-themes/lxappearance. Now I just update/change it as necessary.

EDIT: In regards to the theme engine, if you installed the theme from ports it usually already bring the engine as dependency. If installed manually, the theme page usually say what engine it uses.

Most of the times you need x11-themes/gtk-murrine-engine, however it is a gtk-2 engine.

This was it. Very, very thanks.
This was never needed with firefox. You installed it and
startet it. There was nothing to configure.
What ever, it works. Thank you.
I let thread open. Maybe, someone other has similar
problems.

Back