Solved DraftSight: libstdc++.so.6 GLIBCXX_3.4.11 not found

Hi everyone :)

I've been trying this nice piece of CAD software, DraftSight, manual install in /compat/linux. It requres a number of libs not installed by default with linux-f10 installation, all of them available via corresponding linux-f10-$package ports.
But these two are real stumble:
Code:
/compat/linux/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/DraftSight: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /compat/linux/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/DraftSight)

/compat/linux/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/DraftSight: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /compat/linux/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/../Libraries/libW3dTk.so.1)
So, the libstdc++ and libc.so.6 installed in /compat/linux don't have these versions of GLIBCXX_3.4.11 and GLIBC_2.11 accordingly (the highest versions each of them supports are GLIBXX_3.4.9 for libstdc++ and GLIBC_2.9 for libc.so.6 accordingly).

Does anybody have any idea of how this could be helped? Except installing Linux to run this one program ;).
Thanks in advance.

Re: DraftSight: libstdc++.so.6 vers. GLIBCXX_3.4.11 not foun

Oh, that's cool :). I've been wondering for a while now why the Linux base is a bit outdated...

Thanks to everyone! Will see if it does the trick.

Re: DraftSight: libstdc++.so.6 vers. GLIBCXX_3.4.11 not foun

OK, I was able to set it up. Although not all the corresponding linux-c6-* packages are ready for the new emulators/linux_base-c6, but this I was able to resolve by manually downloading the needed RPMs from the CentOS mirror, then extracting them into /compat/linux using archivers/rpm2cpio and running ldconfig in /compat/linux chroot afterwards.

So far it's working OK, when started from the /compat/linux/bin/sh. When called directly as a binary under /compat/linux it crashes after some short period of time. Is this normal?

Re: [Solved] DraftSight: libstdc++.so.6 GLIBCXX_3.4.11 not f

UPDATES: answering the request, here is the list of linux-c6-* ports I installed:
Code:
linux-c6-alsa-lib-1.0.22
linux-c6-alsa-plugins-oss-1.0.21
linux-c6-atk-1.30.0
linux-c6-cairo-1.8.8
linux-c6-curl-7.19.7
linux-c6-cyrus-sasl2-2.1.23
linux-c6-dbus-libs-1.2.24
linux-c6-expat-2.0.1
linux-c6-fontconfig-2.8.0
linux-c6-gtk2-2.20.1
linux-c6-jpeg-1.2.1
linux-c6-libssh2-1.4.2
linux-c6-libv4l-0.6.3
linux-c6-nspr-4.10.0
linux-c6-nss-3.15.1
linux-c6-openldap-2.4.23
linux-c6-openssl-1.0.1e
linux-c6-openssl-compat-0.9.8e
linux-c6-pango-1.28.1
linux-c6-png-1.2.49
linux-c6-qt47-4.7.2
linux-c6-qt47-webkit-4.7.2
linux-c6-qt47-x11-4.7.2
linux-c6-sqlite-3.6.20
linux-c6-tiff-3.9.4
linux-c6-xorg-libs-7.4
These are found among linux-c6-* ports, other ones are installed within the linux-c6 base install.
And here are additional RPMs I downloaded from el6 repository, because these weren't found among the linux-c6-* ports to install :
(UPDATED)
security/linux-c6-libgcrypt
security/linux-c6-libgpg-error
security/linux-c6-cyrus-sasl2
security/linux-c6-libtasn1
print/linux-c6-cups-libs
net/linux-c6-avahi-libs
audio/linux-c6-nas-libs
Yes, as of today, no additional RPMs to download from the outside!

Finally, don't forget how a program in /compat/linux must be called in order for it to work. Create a script called /usr/local/bin/draftsight:
Code:
#!/compat/linux/bin/sh
/compat/linux/opt/*/*/Linux/DraftSight
and make it executable.

EDIT: see notes below, also updates above.

Last edited:
UPDATE: while trying to set it up to work on my Lenovo P61 laptop, which has a i915 rather than NVIDIA based graphics, I had to install a couple of additional RPMs. Specifically, libudev-147-2.57.el6.i686.rpm, as DraftSight binary complained of not being able to find libudev.so.0.

It then worked perfectly, only complaining about not being able to find i915_dri.so driver. Here I must warn, that mesa-dri-drivers-10.1.2-2.el6.i686.rpm may be installed, but it will require libpciaccess.so, and that one will crash X and everything else. It can be installed via devel/linux-c6-libpciaccess, but will do as I said... If I'm doing something wrong here, hints will be appreciated.
So far I found it "quite safe" to leave it complaining about the unreachable i915_dri.so, given that it does its job all right.

Ok, just for the benefit of some few who'd use DraftSight on FreeBSD: while with nvidia-driver it runs just fine, with i915kms it must be noted, that, for one thing, there must be mesa-dri-drivers-*rpm extracted into /compat/linux. Without it DraftSight slows down. But once it's there, libGL will complain about some missing conponents needed to run the MESA Intel driver. It's OK, let it complain, because once you satisfy the dependencies, it loads the /compat/linux/usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so and the application crashes. But with missing dependencies it complains, yet works fine.

Hope that helps somebody.

...Well, this seems to be the end of it so far. The new DraftSight 2015 is 64-bit only for Linux, which isn't yet supported by /compat/linux. And the old one suddenly gives off "product not licensed or has expired" fatal error. OK, will try some one of those supported CAD apps.

Except that there is this option to change your date back to year 2014 (for the 2014 issue), then start DraftSight, then put the date back to current while DraftSight will keep working... until the next time you want to start it and will have to repeat the procedure :).

EDIT: this works perfectly well, and this fix was suggested by some DraftSight users. And since I've found no other software that would do the things I want, here's an "automation" script to do the thingy described above. Assuming that we call DraftSight with this script /usr/local/bin/draftsight:
Code:
#!/compat/linux/bin/sh
/compat/linux/opt/*/*/Linux/DraftSight
We can then use this other script to call it after it sets date to the needed one. Then, once DraftSight called, this script sets date back to current. As setting date to the wrong value is not really good, with this script date remains set to the "wrong" value only for 2 seconds (needed to launch the app):
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
mycurdate=$(date '+%y%m%d%H%M')
mysetdate=1401120223
sudo /bin/date $mysetdate
nohup /usr/local/bin/draftsight &
sleep 2
sudo /bin/date $mycurdate
The only problem with this script is, that after the termination of DraftSight there still remain some background processes. I just wonder if the killing of those processes after the exit of DraftSight can be somehow incorporated into the launch script above.

In reference to posts #7 & #8: To run a game based on (?) Ren'py, I eventually installed the graphics/linux-c6-dri and devel/linux-c6-libpciaccess ports.
X does not crash.
The radeon chip is not recognized apparently. However the game runs, albeit slowly.
It was necessary to add the libraries from libudev-147-2.57.el6.i686.rpm to the compat directories.
I do not receive a message on launching the game about software rendering
after installing the above ports.

Last edited:
In reference to posts #7 & #8: To run a game based on (?) Ren'py, I eventually installed the graphics/linux-c6-dri and devel/linux-c6-libpciaccess ports.
X does not crash.
The radeon chip is not recognized apparently. However the game runs, albeit slowly.
It was necessary to add the libraries from libudev-147-2.57.el6.i686.rpm to the compat directories.
I do not receive a message on launching the game about software rendering
after installing the above ports.
Good for you.

Did you plan to port it?
Not even possible now. The version in question is not available for download any more. At present they offer a 64 bit version, but linux compat layer is 32-bit only. I'm afraid even in CURRENT it is still 32-bit only... though I may be wrong and that would be good news.

In 11-STABLE there is a linux64.ko & all the linux-c7 ports have an 'amd64' distinfo file. Have you tried this soft via this new infrastructure? Cheers.

What! I've heard about this being among the plans for 11.0, but then my usage of DraftSight became more and more rare, so I never cared enough... I'll try this out, though, thank you!!!

Back