Please help me to install peertube on FreeBSD in VirtualBox.

The "Howto" section is not for asking how to do things. Thread moved.

Instructions all assume some sort of Linux. FreeBSD is not a Linux. None of the instructions will be good on FreeBSD as it assumes the wrong directories for pretty much everything. It's going to require a bit of knowledge of FreeBSD and Linux to make sense of the instructions.

I'm total noob and have zero experience.
Maybe start with something simpler?

Instructions all assume some sort of Linux. FreeBSD is not a Linux. None of the instructions will be good on FreeBSD as it assumes the wrong directories for pretty much everything. It's going to require a bit of knowledge of FreeBSD and Linux to make sense of the instructions.
They have instructions for freebsd. But maybe there is something wrong.
Maybe start with something simpler?
Just do web-server and stuff? I want working system now, not after 6 months of study. Now I have working nginx and ssh somehow but what to to do next? I want to learn unix but after I have something to learn for.

They have instructions for freebsd. But maybe there is something wrong.

Just do web-server and stuff? I want working system now, not after 6 months of study. Now I have working nginx and ssh somehow but what to to do next? I want to learn unix but after I have something to learn for.
But unless you read/listen you'll not learn anything. This is how any form of education works; that and ssking questions. Instant knowledge is fantasy.

So, where are you stuck?

You say you've installed nginx? It's working? There's a sub-section under the heading systemd that deals with startup scripts. If you've done that then start the instance: service peertube start.

(I know nothing about this product other than reading the documentation you linked to)

But unless you read/listen you'll not learn anything. This is how any form of education works; that and ssking questions. Instant knowledge is fantasy.

So, where are you stuck?

You say you've installed nginx? It's working? There's a sub-section under the heading systemd that deals with startup scripts. If you've done that then start the instance: service peertube start.

(I know nothing about this product other than reading the documentation you linked to)
Nginx is working. Another thing: I need ssl sertificate, can i make a "local" sertificate just to enable https? Oh can you link me some educational videos books for "dummies" like me?

Is a waste of time help this guy,the next step will be "I open a ssh session,configure everything for me sucker"

Back