ERRO[0000] Failed to get a tun/tap device

I'm trying to configure nebula on server but I got below error.

Code:
INFO[0000] Firewall rule added                           firewallRule="map[caName: caSha: direction:outgoing endPort:0 groups:[] host:any ip: proto:0 startPort:0]"
INFO[0000] Firewall rule added                           firewallRule="map[caName: caSha: direction:incoming endPort:0 groups:[] host:any ip: proto:1 startPort:0]"
INFO[0000] Firewall rule added                           firewallRule="map[caName: caSha: direction:incoming endPort:443 groups:[laptop home] host: ip: proto:6 startPort:443]"
INFO[0000] Firewall started                              firewallHash=876eda8b2903dec4d256217a3b832246533ae8c94ce26a173645b36db278ce0f
ERRO[0000] Failed to get a tun/tap device                error="tun.dev must match `tun[0-9]+`"

actually i didn't do anything to tun im using default config of nebula with basic changes related to ip
im trying setup slack nebula(for vpn setup) with below tan conf(default)

`
tun:
# When tun is disabled, a lighthouse can be started without a local tun interface (and therefore without root)
disabled: false
# Name of the device
dev: nebula1
# Toggles forwarding of local broadcast packets, the address of which depends on the ip/mask encoded in pki.cert
drop_local_broadcast: false
# Toggles forwarding of multicast packets
drop_multicast: false
# Sets the transmit queue length, if you notice lots of transmit drops on the tun it may help to raise this number. Default is 500
tx_queue: 500
# Default MTU for every packet, safe setting is (and the default) 1300 for internet based traffic
mtu: 1300
# Route based MTU overrides, you have known vpn ip paths that can support larger MTUs you can increase/decrease them here
`

There's no port for it as far as I can tell, so you're going to need to configure and maybe even patch the code to make it work on FreeBSD. They do seem to have a FreeBSD binary available to download, but no port for it. That's inconvenient.

I assume you're talking about this: https://github.com/slackhq/nebula

Back