ZFS upgrade problem (zpool version 14)

Hi to all!

After upgrading 8-stable to zpool version 14 OS can't be booted:

Code:
ZFS: unsupported ZFS version 14 (should be 13)
NO ZFS pools located? can`t boot
What's wrong with ZFS? How to fix?

You've gone too far into the future, and are trying to access untested features. ;) One of the dangers of being an early adopter.

You'll want to post to the freebsd-fs mailing list. Maybe someone there will know how to fix this.

phoenix said:
You've gone too far into the future, and are trying to access untested features. ;) One of the dangers of being an early adopter.

You'll want to post to the freebsd-fs mailing list. Maybe someone there will know how to fix this.
I upgraded my 2,7T pool without problems..

val said:
Hi to all!

After upgrading 8-stable to zpool version 14 OS can't be booted:

Code:
ZFS: unsupported ZFS version 14 (should be 13)
NO ZFS pools located? can`t boot
What's wrong with ZFS? How to fix?

Do you use zfs for your rootfs?

val said:
Yes, gpt partions.

you could try to start the fixme shell on the dvd and recompile the zfsbootloader.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot:
Code:
 Fixit# echo 'LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=YES' > /etc/src.conf
 Fixit# mount -t devfs devfs /dev
 Fixit# export DESTDIR=""
 Fixit# cd /usr/src/sys/boot/
 Fixit# make obj
 Fixit# make depend
 Fixit# make
 Fixit# cd i386/loader
 Fixit# make install

maybe this will make the bootloader aware of zfs v14.

Matty said:
you could try to start the fixme shell on the dvd and recompile the zfsbootloader.
Thank you for reply, but I reinstall whole world after upgrading zpool, so I think recompiling zfsbooloader doens't help me in this case.

Yes!
Need to update bootstrap code into partition scheme's metadata. Updating only gptzfsboot enough.
Code:
gpart bootcode -p /<whereis from v14>/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad4

I understand what you're suggesting, but how can you get to ZFS v14 boot code when you cannot boot the v14 pool?

The 8.0-RELEASE installation media will have only v13 bootcode, yes?

I had the same issue and only a stable 8 snapshot from December.
Used fixit to install base and src to a memory file system, chroot && csup to latest stable :e

wiscodisco said:
I understand what you're suggesting, but how can you get to ZFS v14 boot code when you cannot boot the v14 pool?

The 8.0-RELEASE installation media will have only v13 bootcode, yes?
I use live cd (from here http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/) with zfs enabled, mount my pools, and simply take bootcode from my newly built world.

Back