Wifi card not working

I am running 8.2 and am having issues getting my wifi card to work. Oddly enough the output of [cmd=]pciconf -lv | grep wireless[/cmd] shows:

Code:
 device     = 'Realtek RTL8191SE wireless LAN 802.11N PCI-E NIC (RTL8191SE ?)'

However, the output of [cmd=]pciconf -lv | grep -i ethernet[/cmd] is blank.

My output of "ifconfig" is pasted below. I believe I was successful in using "ndisgen" to convert a windows driver and then using "kldload" to load the proper kernel module. However, when doing that, nothing seems to change as KDE's network configuration control panel does not find the wifi card.

Code:
ifconfig
re0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=389b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,WOL_UCAST,WOL_MCAST,WOL_MAGIC>
        ether 88:ae:1d:54:b3:61
        inet 192.168.0.104 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2 
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
        nd6 options=3<PERFORMNUD,ACCEPT_RTADV>
pfsync0: flags=0<> metric 0 mtu 1460
        syncpeer: 224.0.0.240 maxupd: 128
pflog0: flags=0<> metric 0 mtu 33200
vboxnet0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether 0a:00:27:00:00:00
lo1: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
        inet 10.1.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00

I also have the following loaded in my "/boot/loader.conf":

Code:
 # Load Wireless Support
 if_ipw_load="YES"
 if_iwi_load="YES"
 if_wpi_load="YES"
 if_iwn_load="YES"
 if_bwn_load="YES"
 legal.intel_ipw.license_ack=1
 legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
 legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1
 legal.intel_iwn.license_ack=1

Remove the ipw, iwi, wpi, iwn and bwn drivers, they are for Intel and Broadcom cards.

Try urtw(4).

urtw(4) is for usb but OP use PCI-E.

To the OP: how you use ndisgen? Do you use XP drivers?
Vista and higher drivers do not work - NDIS 6.X only drivers and NDISulator supports only NDIS 5.1 drivers.

For more info explore: https://github.com/richardpl/NDISulator

Also note that anything lower than FreeBSD 8.2 have buggy NDISulator on amd64, use at least 8.2 RELEASE or above code (pick the stable branch and follow instructions).

I am at work right now so I cant tell you exactly which driver I used.

I am running 8.2 release.

When using ndisgen I downloaded the driver from Toshiba's website, unzipped it, then selected option 3 to convert the .sys and .inf files. When I get home in 6 hours Ill post the exact driver I downloaded and ran it against. I did successfully create the .ko module, and I was able to kldload it without issue. I just did not notice any different results after doing so.

The driver I downloaded was from here http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2681583&rpn=PSK3JU&modelFilter=&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663#

Not sure if that link is going to work for you, but basically if you google toshiba drivers, go to the toshiba website, select laptop/satellite/L675D-S7013 it will bring you to all the drivers. From there I filtered on Wifi drivers and chose the middle one. (Realtek wireless lan driver).

I am concerned that it does not work because I imagine it is for Win7 as that is what was installed on this machine when I purchased it. What can I do from here?

Everything points that driver is NDIS 6.X only. NDISulator supports NDIS 5.1 API only.

Development of NDIS 6.X in NDISulator is currently halted. Only I work on it and I do not have any time and resources left to continue serious development.

Try to find driver for XP.

Thanks for the info. I havent been able to find a good XP driver yet, but at least I know thats my only option as of right now. Hopefully FreeBSD will have support for my card in the near future.

Back