where to get php7.1 packages binaries

PHP code isn't compiled. PHP is an interpreted language.

there are extensions that are compiled
maybe his extension(s) wont build or segv on 7.3+

probably will be easier to fix the extension or work around it
relying on an unsupported product sucks

I don't understand. Do you mean a Content Management System? Does it have any special requirements?

I've migrated all the way from PHP 5 to 7.4 over the past few years. For an upgrade procedure, first set up a test system with the newer PHP version installed. Then, use a development version of the php.ini file (i.e., cp /usr/local/etc/php.ini-development /usr/local/etc/php.ini ), restart the web browser, and systematically test and debug all your PHP code.

php.ini-development is set up to display more exception messages than the php.ini-production version, including the .php filenames and line numbers, so you can expediently debug the code as needed. You should add your customizations to both files, or, alternatively, you can just use the development version for production too.

Migrating from 7.1 to 7.4 was relatively quick and easy. All I can recall doing was adding single quotes to a few PHP define statements, for example, changing a define(constantname,true); statement to define('constantname',true). These particular exceptions were for deprecated syntax problems that wouldn't even show up with the php.ini-production file, but in future versions, those same syntax errors are going to become fatal errors.

The jump from PHP 5 to PHP 7 was much more difficult, but still doable. Trying to avoid upgrading would actually be much harder than just going ahead and taking the plunge. Eventually, relatively minor problems will grow into major malfunctions.

Edited to add: If you still have the old drive where php71 was installed, have a look in the /var/cache/pkg/ directory.

I don't understand. Do you mean a Content Management System? Does it have any special requirements?

I've migrated all the way from PHP 5 to 7.4 over the past few years. For an upgrade procedure, first set up a test system with the newer PHP version installed. Then, use a development version of the php.ini file (i.e., cp /usr/local/etc/php.ini-development /usr/local/etc/php.ini ), restart the web browser, and systematically test and debug all your PHP code.

php.ini-development is set up to display more exception messages than the php.ini-production version, including the .php filenames and line numbers, so you can expediently debug the code as needed. You should add your customizations to both files, or, alternatively, you can just use the development version for production too.

Migrating from 7.1 to 7.4 was relatively quick and easy. All I can recall doing was adding single quotes to a few PHP define statements, for example, changing a define(constantname,true); statement to define('constantname',true). These particular exceptions were for deprecated syntax problems that wouldn't even show up with the php.ini-production file, but in future versions, those same syntax errors are going to become fatal errors.

The jump from PHP 5 to PHP 7 was much more difficult, but still doable. Trying to avoid upgrading would actually be much harder than just going ahead and taking the plunge. Eventually, relatively minor problems will grow into major malfunctions.

Edited to add: If you still have the old drive where php71 was installed, have a look in the /var/cache/pkg/ directory.
Different versions of my CMS have different PHP version requirements. Using other version than recommended will end up with 500 error etc. Enabling show errors will show errors. But I'm not an PHP coder so for me too much code to debug and edit. My current PHP version is 7.0, newer version of CMS requires php 7.3 but CMS updater from old to new version requires at least php 7.1 to run.

Regarding /var/cache/pkg/ how to install package from there "#pkg add /var/cache/pkg/name.txz" ?

Regarding /var/cache/pkg/ how to install package from there "#pkg add /var/cache/pkg/name.txz" ?
I wouldn't, but honestly, I've never attempted anything like this. I'd expect it to be more problematic than that. If you use ls -l you'll see that about half the files in /var/cache/pkg/ appear to be symbolic links to the other half. I don't know why. I'd probably start by copying the files to another location, rather than attempting to install them right out of the cache. Then you'll need to worry about package dependencies as well.

I'd book up on this well, if I were you, and make backups beforehand. To get a clean duplicate of /var/cache/pkg/:
cd /var/cache
tar -cpf /tmp/pkg.tar pkg

How did this happen? How did we get into this situation? Did someone inadvertently upgrade the software? If so, you'll probably first need to uninstall the newer versions of both the php packages and their dependencies. Or you might be better off starting over from scratch on a different installation after copying your cache into a separate directory. It's hard to advise without knowing more about the particulars. I don't know how the pkg system might behave when, for example, you might be trying to add a downgraded version when it already has an upgraded version in the cache. I suggest you proceed very cautiously in any case or you might just make things worse.

newer version of CMS requires php 7.3 but CMS updater from old to new version requires at least php 7.1 to run.
You do realize that 7.3, 7.4 and even 8.0 meet the "requires at least PHP 7.1 to run"? I feel you're misunderstanding what minimal requirements are.

You do realize that 7.3, 7.4 and even 8.0 meet the "requires at least PHP 7.1 to run"? I feel you're misunderstanding what minimal requirements are.
Current old CMS version is compatible with php70 and php71 and running under php70. Updater is a separate module which can be installed into CMS under php70 correctly but if we try to run an update it will throw a certain type of an fatal error in the middle of update process.
Gathering some info about the issue reveal that updater should be run on php71 or higher or this error will persist. That's all.

And if no easy way to get somewhere php71 will be found I have to reinstall the whole CMS.

So, PHP 7.3 will do then?
I need to upgrade to php71, then run CMS updater, then shutdown FAMP, then upgrade to php73, then start FAMP again. If i upgrade to php73 before CMS update it won't work so it will impossible to run update process.

you can probably get them from
they are for freebsd11 but they may work on 12 with a bit of hacking
or install a vm with 11, install apache, sql, copy the cms over in the vm, upgrade it
install php 7.4 on the real box and copy it back
I use 11.4 so I think it should be compatible.

Back