What do I need to include to access the error code EBADFD

I've been looking around to see where EBADFD is defined and I cannot find which header file to include as it appears to be a linux only error. I see EBADF everywhere but I assume since the name is different it is not the same error.

Should I just substitute EBADF? The meaning seems about the same

They are NOT the same, but EBADFD is Linux-specific and non-standard, you won't find it on any other system, and of course, the POSIX APIs will use EBADF as defined by POSIX on Linux as well. Which would lead to the question, what's your use case for wanting to use EBADFD at all?

If you really MUST use it, it only makes sense in Linux-specific code, so you could use some #ifdef checks to guard it (either for EBADFD itself, or for some macro telling you you're compiling on Linux).

I originally posted this in the ports topic because I am working on a strange issue with pulseaudio and alsa-plugins. I have two virtual pcm channels setup between comms/quisk (an SDR) and comms/wsjtx (a digital modes soft modem basically). Audio from quisk to wsjtx works fine while audio from wsjtx creates some sort of starvation loop and hangs wsjtx.

Compiling an updated port of alsa-plugins was failing due to an undefined EBADFD. That problem turns out to have been an undetermined deficiency in my build environment resolved by reinstalling devel tools needed. Thanks for the help.

Back