Solved Updating ffmpeg0

For several months I have been notified about security problems with ffmpeg0. Upgrading with portupgrade or portmaster does not work; there is no proper candidate to correct the problems. Does anyone have an idea of when the security problems with ffmpeg0 will be corrected?

Thank you.

Alan

For which program(s) or ports you need it? Try to find an alternative. (I don't know a really important program which need it - except gnash - if this is an important program).

It's unlikely there will be any security updates to the port, the website link (http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/) just leads to the main ffmpeg site where you read this notice about old releases:

"These releases are not actively maintained and thus we discourage their use."

A ffmpeg0 version 0.8 exists (don't know if this is a relevant version). And it fetches, compiles and installs fine after I removed AACPLUS option and made some changes in pkg-plist. (Don't know if this option is relevant or maybe needs a patch to work). Error message is
Code:
unknown option --enable-libaacplus or --disable-libaacplus
But it seems there is no more libaacplus in this version, found no libaacplus-directory in work/ffmpeg-0.8 and nothing in configure.

junovitch@ - please, can you tell us if this is a "possible" version or have a look at this?

To see the configure options available:
Code:
# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg0
# make extract
# cd work/ffmpeg-0.8.17
# ./configure --help

Sorry, was a missunderstand from me with the vulnerabilities overlooked "<". The 0.8 version also, it is an old one. Sorry I overlooked some things.

A ffmpeg0 version 0.8 exists (don't know if this is a relevant version). And it fetches, compiles and installs fine after I removed AACPLUS option and made some changes in pkg-plist. (Don't know if this option is relevant or maybe needs a patch to work). Error message is
Code:
unknown option --enable-libaacplus or --disable-libaacplus
But it seems there is no more libaacplus in this version, found no libaacplus-directory in work/ffmpeg-0.8 and nothing in configure.

junovitch@ - please, can you tell us if this is a "possible" version or have a look at this?

talsamon, thanks. Since the API changes the release would generally stay among the same stable branch, hence the move to 0.7.16 -> 0.7.17. This is also why there has been quite a list of FFmpeg ports that have come and gone in the past based on whatever depended on them at the time: multimedia/ffmpeg-devel, multimedia/ffmpeg-011, multimedia/ffmpeg1, multimedia/ffmpeg2, multimedia/ffmpeg23, multimedia/ffmpeg24, multimedia/ffmpeg25, and multimedia/ffmpeg26.

I've just merged the update with two other commits to the quarterly branch as well so anyone using packages on 10.2-RELEASE with the quarterly branch by default or having assigned the quarterly branch themselves should have the update in the near future.
https://svnweb.FreeBSD.org/changeset/ports/395326

Back