Update issues

1709658064661.png

Hello Fellow FreeBSD community members,

Can you please help me with this? Everything use to work with this a few months ago, I am confused as to why I can no longer do any updates. Alpine mail works, pings work, I do use a proxy however that was configured and working..

It use to work,

I am working on adding my CA to the ssl/certs folder however I am having issues mounting da1 as it is msdos fat32 based I can see the drive with dsmsg but I can't mount it to my mnt folder

13.1-RELEASE has been EOL for 7 months now. Update to a supported version (13.3-RELEASE has just been released, so 13.2 will also be EoL in 3 months)

Please don't post pictures of text. Just copy/paste the information.

FreeBSD 13.1 is end of life since July 2023. 13.2 will be end of life in 3 months because 13.3 just got released. Update your system.

Please don't post pictures of text. Just copy/paste the information.

FreeBSD 13.1 is end of life since July 2023. 13.2 will be end of life in 3 months because 13.3 just got released. Update your system.
can I use

Code:
freebsd-update upgrade -r 13.3

Yes. You can upgrade directly to 13.3, you don't have to upgrade to 13.2 first. You can also directly upgrade to 14.0 if you want. But you should install the latest patches for 13.1 first before attempting the upgrade to 14.0.

however (in general) skipping might be not officially supported;
Upgrading from one version to another is always supported. There has never been a need or requirement to install any of the intermediate versions. I'd only be cautious if you have to upgrade multiple major versions higher. Then a reinstall might be a better option. But from any 13.x it should not be an issue to upgrade to 14.0 (or 14.1 when it's released).

Back