Solved Tmux [excited]

Hi, in a recently installed FreeBSD 13 machine I was using tmux, but since a couple of minutes ago I wasn't able start it again, getting "[excited] 65;6402;1c" on my terminal.

To try to fix it I deleted .tmux.conf and the .tmux directory, but the problem still persists. I also deleted the tmux package and
reinstalled again (tmux 3.2a from pkg), but I'm getting the same error.

Any hint?

Hi, in a recently installed FreeBSD 13 machine I was using tmux, but since a couple of minutes ago I wasn't able start it again, getting "[excited] 65;6402;1c" on my terminal.

To try to fix it I deleted .tmux.conf and the .tmux directory, but the problem still persists. I also deleted the tmux package and
reinstalled again (tmux 3.2a from pkg), but I'm getting the same error.

Any hint?
The "excited" in brackets is the name of your session. Typing ctrl-b and then "d" should detached from whatever the "excited" session it.

I found a way to let tmux start. My shell is zsh, so I first started an instance of /bin/sh, then ran tmux and it worked.

Now I think the problem is related to my ~/.zshrc (copied from my main FreeBSD server).

I found it!, in my ~/.zshrc I had this alias:

alias tmux='tmux new-session "tmux source-file ~/.tmux/session1"

(in the main server tmux is automatically started with a couple of panels one containing a shell and the other with the ranger file manager).

I'll mark this as solved.

I found it!, in my ~/.zshrc I had this alias:

I'm not familiar with the zsh but, taking your alias definition line as is:
Code:
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345   <--
your 65;6402;1c shows a remarkable "65" resemblance with the point at which in your alias definition I would expect a closing single quote. (At least that is were the closing quote must be in a tcsh alias definition.)

In general I have found it very helpfull to be able to track down what command at the command line is actually being executed; such as a shell builtin command; an alias; or an external command. In both the zsh and the tcsh which tmux will help.

Back