pulseaudio-module-sndio what's it good for?

trying to figure out this sound thing, I never had to go through this using Linux. It just works. so yeah I'm basically confused

using bluetooth earbuds:

this system uses oss but it compiles firefox to use pulseaudio which only gets speakers and plugged in headphones.

oss and the others have a 100% sound limit
pulseaudio does not, it gives sound that little extra push that I usually need using laptop plugin headphones and or bluetooth and speakers to hear videos either on a web browser or vlc /mpv
right now I have to use two separate web browsers firefox because it is sync to everything for the reasons of being sync

now I had to install another web browser to hear YT and tubi through BT but sndio has a plugin for pulseaudio . so what exaily does that do as I installed it added the line in that pa file now pulse it not creating a file for itself under /var/run any more.

at least I did not notice that message until after I installed sndio-pulse because how I got rid if that pulse message was to add myself to pulse group and now I am seeing it again now that I installed sndio-pulse

so I do not know if it maybe something else I have done having hacked away on this sound set up adding things to this and that to see what results I can get. nor if that sndio-pulse is actually suppose to make pulse work with sndio via BT even because it does not specifically say that.

Code:
pulseaudio-module-sndio

sudo ee /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa

#useradded for sndio
load-module module-sndio device=snd/0

Code:
Apr 12 16:43:20 FreeBeSsDe kernel: Apr 12 16:43:20 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[26734]: [(null)] core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory (/var/run/user/1000/pulse): No such file or directory
Apr 12 16:47:16 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] module-sndio.c: Cannot open sndio device.
Apr 12 16:47:16 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] module.c: Failed to load module "module-sndio" (argument: "device=snd/0"): initialization failed.
Apr 12 16:47:16 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] oss-util.c: '/dev/dsp0' doesn't support full duplex
Apr 12 16:47:16 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] oss-util.c: '/dev/dsp2' doesn't support full duplex
Apr 12 16:47:29 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [oss] module-oss.c: pa_read() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Apr 12 16:53:44 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory (/var/run/user/1000/pulse): No such file or directory
Apr 12 16:53:44 FreeBeSsDe kernel: Apr 12 16:53:44 FreeBeSsDe pulseaudio[659]: [(null)] core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory (/var/run/user/1000/pulse): No such file or directory
userx@FreeBeSsDe:~$ ls /var/run/user/1000
at-spi dbus-1 dconf
userx@FreeBeSsDe:~$ groups
userx wheel video pulse
userx@FreeBeSsDe:~$ date
Wed Apr 12 16:56:23 CDT 2023

Code:
ls /var/run/user/1000
at-spi dbus-1 dconf

with BT connected
Code:
$ cat /dev/sndstat
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ATI R6xx (HDMI)> (play)
pcm1: <Realtek ALC236 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> (play/rec) default
pcm2: <Realtek ALC236 (Right Analog Mic)> (rec)
Installed devices from userspace:
dsp: <Virtual OSS> (play/rec)
Code:
ls /dev/dsp*
/dev/dsp    /dev/dsp1.1
it use to say dsp0.0 dsp0.1 dsp0.1 dsp2.0 dsp2.2 as well I think that is how it went as I remember it had more then it is now showing as I had to access them all to figure out which one it was using to set up BT which is using dsp1.1
Code:
userx@FreeBeSsDe:~$ pacmd stat
Memory blocks currently allocated: 1, size: 63.9 KiB.
Memory blocks allocated during the whole lifetime: 989, size: 10.7 MiB.
Memory blocks imported from other processes: 0, size: 0 B.
Memory blocks exported to other processes: 0, size: 0 B.
Total sample cache size: 0 B.
Default sample spec: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
Default channel map: front-left,front-right
Default sink name: oss_output.dsp1
Default source name: oss_input.dsp1
Memory blocks of type POOL: 1 allocated/117 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type POOL_EXTERNAL: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type APPENDED: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type USER: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type FIXED: 0 allocated/872 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type IMPORTED: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
I might just still be in denial about being able to use pulseaudio and BT and firefox and have to accept that I will just have to use two web browsers if I want to hear YT and anything else on the internet via BT

I don't know what I did. I especially don't understand how I got it to work, but it does.

I just happened to open up pavucontrol and seen firefox listed then clicked on the audio out and seen /dev/dsp then selected it and just happened to hear sound from tubi.com via firefox using bluetooth ear buds .. so for now it is working.

# sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=0
hw.snd.default_unit: 1 -> 0

gets BT to connect to pulseaudio to work with videos in firefox

Back