Printing with cups

Hello,

I'm just about done setting up my FreeBSD box. Building OpenOffice was a bit of a hassle, but worked eventually. I just had to shoot someone at Sun before I was able to get all the files I needed. :e

Anyway, I have no problem printing with cups from OpenOffice, but I don't get it done from Epiphany or the image viewer. Do I need to rebuild these, or is there something else I need to do?

Cheers,
Frank

Yup. I am now able to print using the cups-lpr routines, but I'm not entirely happy. It works, most of the time, but sometimes images don't get scaled correctly, and generally, they're very slow.

fmw said:
Yup. I am now able to print using the cups-lpr routines, but I'm not entirely happy. It works, most of the time, but sometimes images don't get scaled correctly, and generally, they're very slow.
Get more memory for your printer! That will speed up image printing. Do you have such a good
laser printer to which memory can be add?

Um, no, I have a crappy lexmark which I only got because someone else thought it was broken :)
It was only filled with not-so-compatible toner. I'll still have to replace the fuser roller some time, though.
It does understand PCL, so printing is not a general problem, and from OpenOffice, it works very well.

It is possible to add memory, but only at high cost...

On second thought, it could be that Epiphany is the culprit here. I've had a few occasions on which I had to restart Epiphany to print at all.

I might still experiment with the HP Laserjet 2300, but I'd have to move it upstairs to see how quickly it responds :)

Back