[Package request] bun.js installation script fail

Hi, i just tried to run the bash script to install bun.js in FreeBSD 13.2, without success.
is there a way to make it work for FreeBSD ?

I tried this one in a jail and the installation went fine, BUT I didn't try bun directly because I don't understand what it is or what it does, so may be it doesn't run well I can't tell.

Bash:
# sh install.sh
grep: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
############################################################################### 100.0%
bun was installed successfully to ~/.bun/bin/bun

Manually add the directory to ~/.bashrc (or similar):
  export BUN_INSTALL=~/.bun/bin
  export PATH="bin:$PATH"

To get started, run:

bun --help

I tried this one in a jail and the installation went fine, BUT I didn't try bun directly because I don't understand what it is or what it does, so may be it doesn't run well I can't tell.

Bash:
# sh install.sh
grep: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
############################################################################### 100.0%
bun was installed successfully to ~/.bun/bin/bun

Manually add the directory to ~/.bashrc (or similar):
  export BUN_INSTALL=~/.bun/bin
  export PATH="bin:$PATH"

To get started, run:

bun --help
Bun is a the fastest JavaScript package manager, it replaces npm, EsBuild, various test suits and so on.
Thank you for the answer.

Install script only supports Linux and MacOS, mainly because it links to a couple of pre-compiled binaries. Those obviously don't work on FreeBSD (although the Linux variants might work using the Linux compatibility). You should probably compile the whole thing from source to get a native FreeBSD binary.

Back