Opening LibreOffice writer takes a long time

I'm using FreeBSD 14.0 with gnome. To open LibreOffice Writer, it takes a long time for the laptop fan to start beeping. But if you open other applications it is not long and smooth. I don't know what caused it? Thank you for help.

I'm using FreeBSD 14.0 with gnome. To open LibreOffice Writer, it takes a long time for the laptop fan to start beeping. But if you open other applications it is not long and smooth. I don't know what caused it? Thank you for help.
do you have installed package for font iosevka? if yes, then try to remove this package

Do you have a Read-Only error or a lock file somewhere ?
I did have the same problem while opening network based files (on doc/docx files if I remember), latest LibreOffice updates solved it BUT now files are locked by default if there's a lock file present.
Can you test by disabling file lock ? It's written in the doc, but I also noted it as need to do this on every update...

You have to edit /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice and comment the two last lines :
Code:
# file locking now enabled by default
SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

Do you have a Read-Only error or a lock file somewhere ?
I did have the same problem while opening network based files (on doc/docx files if I remember), latest LibreOffice updates solved it BUT now files are locked by default if there's a lock file present.
Can you test by disabling file lock ? It's written in the doc, but I also noted it as need to do this on every update...

You have to edit /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice and comment the two last lines :
Code:
# file locking now enabled by default
SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
I haven't found this command line yet, /usr/local/libreoffice/program/soffice

Yes. I did use the iosevka font package.
and what after remove?
some links about this bug
I used this font for a long time myself, but waiting 10 minutes for each lo start is too long. deleting it worked for me

Back