OpenCL

I know it's probably been asked before and my apologies for bringing it up here.

I am just curious if the team has had any contact/interest w/ the various card makers about implementing OpenCL. I was dabbling in it this week on Linux (yes, I felt 'dirty') and would definitely like to see some sort of implementation here if possible. I know it's up to Nvidia/ATI/whoever else to provide the driver and tools. I'm just curious to see if there has been any mention of it around these parts.

You are not the only one. Currently there are 2 choices - windows and linux ... I don't have linuxes and I have windoze for games but in that case I have no other choice.

OpenCL is not for games man =)

Btw, anyone knows - someone trying to port it to fbsd? Maybe there some fundamental problems?

Who said that it's for games ? I have windows so I can play games and OpenCL/CUDA is available for windows so why use linux ? At least that was the point :)

There has been some work in getting opencl running via gallium on linux, but before gallium is usable on FreeBSD, KMS first has to be ported.

There are no current plans to implement OpenCL on FreeBSD. Thats what NVidia employee said on their forums.

Back