No menu in Fluxbox 1.3.2

• Thread starter Deleted member 30996
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30996

I rebuilt my FreeBSD laptop yesterday and installed fluxbox 1.3.2 as the windowmanager though ports. I believe it's just recently been upgraded from version 1.3.1 as that's what I got for my desktop when I rebuilt it a week or so ago.

I configured .xinitrc to start gkrellm, xterm, and fluxbox at the same time like I always do, but when I booted to the desktop using startx there was no menu when right-clicking and xterm was frozen in place, although I could move gkrellm. Xterm will accept commands but starting another windowed application like leafpad through it resulted in it also being frozen in place.

I installed windowlab and hackedbox on it and they both work fine. I've configured xorg and am using fluxbox 1.3.1 on my desktop without any problems so I don't think it's something I'm doing wrong. I deinstalled and reinstalled it but it didn't make any difference.

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with it.

I have it installed on four different systems with no problems. Is there anything interesting in /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Have you moved ~/.fluxbox/ out of the way and tested?

jrm said:
I have it installed on four different systems with no problems. Is there anything interesting in /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Have you moved ~/.fluxbox/ out of the way and tested?

I added ~/.fluxbox manually so maybe that's what's the matter with it.

I always boot into windowlab first when I do a fresh build so I can access my saved files on a USB stick and set up fluxbox from there. I've never had a problem with it before.

Now that I've been using hackedbox for a little while I think I like it better anyway. I never used the slit or taskbar in fluxbox so it seems better suited to me, and my styles work with it too.

Thanks.

Edit: That was it. I deleted ~/.fluxbox and that fixed it.

Thanks again.

Back