NFS Shares under Snow Leopard error -36

Well my first Impressions with FreeBSD are quite good in fact I'm moving my project to FreeBSD. I have some file sharing set up under Ubuntu with NFS and it works fine. I can access from my Mac with no issues. Under FreeBSD setting
Code:
/etc/exports
is different from Ubuntu as it says on the introduction (host centric vs fs centric). The share mounts fine, it is fast but I don't seem to be able to copy files from the Finder. If I use the
Code:
cp
command it works but if I try with the finder I keep getting the error -36. I found out that deleting the .DS_Store files it works. It appears that there are some issues when the Finder tries to copy the .DS_Store.

My
Code:
/etc/exports
looks like these:

Code:
/usr/local/www -network 192.168.0/24 -mapall-0:0

Under Mac OS X Snow Leopard I set the share with these options.

Code:
nolocks -P -i -s -w=32768 -r=32768 nosuid

those options are the same for the Ubuntu virtual machine share.

Any ideas of what can I do besides trying FreeBSD 9.0?

I remember having the same error when using netatalk as soon as we switched to tiger (or what cat-alike it was at the time). Unluckily I did not find a solution, and this made me switch to samba that had no problem at all.

Hi,

how about mounting it straight up, without any options. How does it behave then?

Otherwise, since you're using Mac, maybe net/netatalk would be a better option, serving AFP instead?

/Sebulon

Boy was I wrong about NetAtalk, I heard from a guy that it was just AppleTalk and I thought it was so 90's. Thanks for the for the hint. I'm gonna try NFS without any option and post back and I going to begin reading about NetATalk it would be so much better.

I apologize with the moderators for posting this thread in the wrong forum, I thought it fitted better in the general forum since I didn't saw the Web & Network Services sub-forum.

Back