Other NFS server crashes panic: vputx: neg ref cnt

Hi,

I'm setting up a FreeBSD NFS server on my LAN to act as a NAS. I've followed the handbook and am able to mount the share on a OSX system but when I try a Linux Mint machine I get a panic and subsequent core dump.

Looking at the top of the file http://pastebin.com/Da5bciWX
I see that it says;

Code:
panic: vputx: negative ref cnt
I am not a developer and have no idea what that means. I've had a look through the rest of the file but am not sure what to do with the information. I'll be happy to post any additional information that is needed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Oko
I am not a developer and have no idea what that means. I've had a look through the rest of the file but am not sure what to do with the information. I'll be happy to post any additional information that is needed.
I would suggest posting this to freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, which is where the NFS developer will see it. A tcpdump(1) log may be useful / necessary. You'll need to do that on the Linux system, since it will be lost when the system panics if done on the FreeBSD side. If that is needed, the people on that mailing list should be able to tell you what arguments should be used.

Back