MySQL access with Akonadi working

Hello. I'm using KDE 4.2.2 on my desktop for a short period and sometimes develop web applications that need MySQL access. KDE installs with MySQL 5.0 by default. It's nice but when trying to connect using kmysqladmin I've got this error
Code:
Couldn't connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Researching the problem I've found out that Akonadi service using MySQL in internal mode for its purposes. So actually the socket for MySQL connection is not "/tmp/mysql.sock" but "/home/<username>/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.socket"

So the question is how to connect to MySQL db when Akonadi working? Should I run another instance of mysqld separate from the one Akonadi uses? Or should I make some changes in mysql config to make it available for me?

I've executed
Code:
/usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db
to install data bases
Code:
chown -R mysql /var/db/mysql
to grant mysql user access on db files
Code:
/usr/local/bin/mysql_safe
to start the mysql daemon. Looks like it works. Now kmysqladmin doesn't give me an error about socket, it asks for password and username. I'm going to reboot and test if it was done right. So I guess it wasn't even a problem :D

Back