My browser crash when i share my screen

Hello, Last week I upgraded my FreeBSD version to 13.2 (I had 13.1) My problem is the next, when i share my screen from a website, like discord, whereby, google meet, my browser crashes and closes. With version 13.1 this worked perfect. I think it's my video card but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me pls?

To continuation i let useful information:

pciconf -lv:
Code:
vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:    class=0x030000 rev=0x06 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x0412 subvendor=0x1043 subdevice=0x8534
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

/etc/rc.conf:

Code:
hostname="FreeBSD"
keymap="latinamerican.acc.kbd"
kld_list="i915kms"

ifconfig_re0="inet 192.65.214.207 netmask 255.255.255.0"

defaultrouter="192.65.214.175"
ifconfig_re0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
slim_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
linux_load="YES"
linux_enable="NO"
linux_mounts_enable="NO"
ubuntu_enable="YES"

vm_enable=YES
vm_dir="zfs:zroot/vm"
vm_list=""
vm_delay=3

/boot/loader.conf :

Code:
kern.vty=vt

Start the browser from a terminal, anything printed when it crashes?

Some things, not related to the issue:
linux_load="YES" doesn't belong in rc.conf.
hald_enable="YES" remove, there is no hald any more.

kern.vty=vt can be removed from loader.conf, it's the default for quite some time.

What is the name and version of your browser?
After the upgrade from FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE to 13.2-RELEASE did you reinstall all your pkgs?

Can you check if firefox left a message in message logs or dmesg? You can open firefox from the terminal and when it crashes there could be some helpful messages.

This happened to me after www/firefox was upgraded to version 117.0_1,2. Firefox started crashing immediately when attempting to share screen in google meet. I switched to www/firefox-esr for now and that works without this problem.

With version 13.1 this worked perfect
I was using screen share in the previous version of www/firefox on the same machine (13.2-RELEASE-p2) without any issue; hence, presumably not related to the FreeBSD version.

I too have not managed to see any useful error message, but there used to be a core dump in my home folder when it crashes.

I am seeing the same behavior. I used to be able to screen share with firefox, now it's crashing. I switched to firefox-esr and it's fine.

I don't see any prompt to ask if I want to allow sharing the screen - it just crashes immediately.

Code:
Exiting due to channel error.
Abort trap (core dumped)

Thanks. <https://www.freshports.org/www/firefox#history> three related commits, part of one might affect screen sharing: <https://github.com/FreeBSD/freebsd-...63dae976792f11decd7371fa05157da399eb99b9fe1f3>. That is, a new patch file,
www/firefox/files/patch-dom_media_webrtc_third__party__build_webrtc.mozbuild

• Thanks
Reactions: drr
Back