Map a Network Drive in Enlightenment

What kind of network drive? SMB? NFS?

In any case, just use the 'regular' mount(8) commands. I don't think there's anything in Enlightenment that will do it for you. But it's been quite a while since I played with it.

What type of server is the share on? I don't think that Enlightenment speaks SMB, but I haven't asked Google either.

This is mine from FreeNAS using NFS
Code:
192.168.1.4:/mnt/inbox-raidz/datavault                      mnt/Mirror             nfs             rw      0       0
192.168.1.4:/mnt/raidon-stripe/dataspeed                 mnt/Stripe              nfs             rw      0       0
192.168.1.4:/mnt/inbox-500                                         mnt/500                 nfs             rw      0       0

You mount on /etc/fstab. And then reboot and create a link of /mnt/hdd_mountpoint on desktop

SirDice said:

In any case, just use the 'regular' mount(8) commands. I don't think there's anything in Enlightenment that will do it for you. But it's been quite a while since I played with it.

Yes it's SMB. In KDE it was something like this:

Code:
smb://nameofserver/folder

Forgot to say that it has user and password.

johnblue said:
What type of server is the share on? I don't think that Enlightenment speaks SMB, but I haven't asked Google either.

Enlightenment for what I read uses "Connman" to manage the network. Seems Enlightenment is 90% pro Linux, I mean they are not worried about FreeBSD or any other BSD. They do the same with the screen locker, on Linux it works but on FreeBSD it does not.

SirDice said:

Code:
mount_smbfs -I WINDOWS_HOSTNAME.my.domain //USERNAME@WINDOWS_HOSTNAME/share /mnt/ptm

Thanks a lot. This did the work.

Back