Krita -again

A

Anonymous

Hi!

I installed Koffice 2.2. I like to use Krita but on all versions of Koffice for KDE on FreeBSD was unuseful because is so slow. It is the same with the last version of Koffice on FreeBSD. I asked in the KDE forum and I got the answer:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=82526&start=15

BTW: KDE 4.4 is also slower than KDE on Linux.

BTW: KDE 4.4 is also slower than KDE on Linux.
What hw does system run? What apps do you use?
As for me... KDE4 was kinda faster on BSD than on linux since 4.2 (first release i've tried out on bsd). But if i'm running kde, the only kde-apps opened (e.g. startkde + them) are konsole, dolphin and amarok, maybe some apps you use are slowing your system down due to kde-bsd bugs.

nekoexmachina said:
What hw does system run? What apps do you use?
As for me... KDE4 was kinda faster on BSD than on linux since 4.2 (first release i've tried out on bsd). But if i'm running kde, the only kde-apps opened (e.g. startkde + them) are konsole, dolphin and amarok, maybe some apps you use are slowing your system down due to kde-bsd bugs.

I don't have KDE 4 installed just for konsole, I use Aqualung which is for me much better than Amrok, Dolphin I don't use but I am an OO user, Lyx, GIMP...I wish that will be Krita useful too but...
I was K3b user on KDE 3 which was also slower on FreeBSD than on Linux. But if you want more information about speed of KDE on Linux vs FreeBSD than you need to ask Linux users which I believe are many here on the FreeBSD forum.

Back