installing mysql

hello,
i made my first install of freebsd and i have successfully installed apache and php5 but i have a problem with mysql
this is the report
Code:
cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql55-server
surge# make install
===>  mysql-server-5.5.1 cannot install: MySQL versions mismatch: mysql50-client is installed and wanted version is mysql55-client.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql55-server.
how can i resolve this ?
thanks

mysql50-client is installed and wanted version is mysql55-client

First deinstall/upgrade mysql50-client to mysql55-client then install mysql55-server

sniper007 said:
mysql50-client is installed and wanted version is mysql55-client

First deinstall/upgrade mysql50-client to mysql55-client then install mysql55-server

ok what is the command ?
Code:
pkg_delete -f mysql-client-5.0
pkg_delete: no such package 'mysql-client-5.0' installed
thks

Either use the exact package version from [cmd=]pkg_info -IX mysql-client[/cmd] or use a wildcard, like [cmd=]pkg_delete mysql-client\*[/cmd].

[cmd=]make deinstall[/cmd] should only be used if one is certain that the version in ports hasn't changed since it was installed. The newer version's pkg-plist file may not match what was actually installed. This problem does not occur with [cmd=]pkg_delete[/cmd] which uses the installed port's data.

freaks said:
ok what is the command ?
Code:
pkg_delete -f mysql-client-5.0
pkg_delete: no such package 'mysql-client-5.0' installed
thks

The package is named mysql50-client not mysql-client-5.0(as stated in your first error message). So do it with the correct name and it will work, ie:
Code:
pkg_delete -f mysql50-client

And if remember correctly you will have to rebuild ALL ports that depend on the mysql client port as there are some large changes from the 5.0/5.1 versions. Particularly how the username / password interface works.

Code:
$ pkg_info -IX mysql-client
mysql-client-5.0.90 Multithreaded SQL database (client)

So a pkg_delete on mysql-client-5.0\* should work just fine..

DutchDaemon said:
Either use the exact package version from [cmd=]pkg_info -IX mysql-client[/cmd] or use a wildcard, like [cmd=]pkg_delete mysql-client\*[/cmd].

# pkg_delete -xi mysql

-x tells pkg_delete to do a wildcard search, -i tells it to ask for confirmation before deleting any packages.

gilinko said:
The package is named mysql50-client not mysql-client-5.0(as stated in your first error message). So do it with the correct name and it will work, ie:
Code:
pkg_delete -f mysql50-client

No, the package is called mysql-client-<version>. The port directory is called mysql50-client. Big difference. :)

And you should never use -f without -i on pkg_delete, or else nasty things can happen without your knowing.

Back