How to get it start at boot time after change the director name?

Dear all:

Sorry for my stupied question. I'vr tried to search it in the forum but have no result.

I've installed tomcat55 via port in FreeBSD8.1 with diablo-jdk1.5.0. After completed the installation, I revised the rc.conf and add
Code:
enable_tomcat55="YES"
And I've added JAVA_HOME variable at /root/cshrc. It can start at boot time. But this configuration does not meet requirement of my OA system since it fixed the path of tomcat as tomcat/webapps. So I have to revise the directory of tomcat55 to tomcat. And replace text "tomcat55" or "tomcat5.5" in scripts of /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat55 and change the file name tomcat55 to tomcat.

It seems tomcat can start automatically at boot time. But when I browse the OA system, it does not work properly.

Then I stop tomcat and start it manually with /usr/local/tomcat/startup.sh, the OA system can work properly.

The question is how can I start tomcat at boot time properly.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards!

Exson

I doubt that
Code:
enable_tomcat55="YES"
is correct. All rc.d scripts I know use the
Code:
somedaemon_enable="YES"
syntax, so
Code:
tomcat55_enable="YES"
or
Code:
tomcat_enable="YES"
sound much more logical. The start script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ should give the proper directive near the top.

Hi,Sir:

Thank you very much for your advice!

You're absolute right, I revised the deamon name back to tomcat55, only replace tomcat5.5 with tomcat in startup scripts of tomcat55.

Now everything goes smoothly.

I really appreciate your kind support!

Best regards!

Exson

Dear Sir:

Sorry the performance only improved but not absolutely solved.

Is there any possible way to install the package without version number?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Best regards!

Exson

Hi, Sir:

It seems that I've found the problem. I have jdk1.6 and jdk1.5 in the same directory. When I use port to install tomcat, the system chooses jdk1.6 automatically. But system requires jkd1.5. So when it's installed at boot up time, things go wrong.

Then I removed jdk1.6 from the directory and install again. And revise the directory as above mentioned.

It does work!

Thanks for your nice help.

Best regards!

Exson

Back