Hate Campaign Against BSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all fellers are jess jehluss of our new fangled sis tum.

438375328_cadc4a4962_o.png

438371771_3e484be69f_o.png

438372327_187c0173e3_o.png

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

Dies_Irae said:
I have always thought that this type of trolls must have some kind of cognitive distorsion, so that anything different from what they like must be wrong and, by consequence, eliminated.

I have never understood these "OS wars" ("mine is better than yours", "you don't use my OS? So you are a looser"), mostly because it seems to me a kind of "digital extremism", and extremists are, by their nature, obtuse.

Personally, I like - no, the correct term is "I love" - FreeBSD, and nothing else matters (Metallica docet).
I don't care if Linux is faster, if Windows has more games or if Mac OS X is graphically superior - I like FreeBSD and that's all.
Just like I love my girlfriend, I don't care if another girl is more beautiful than mine - and obviously I don't insult the one that is less beautiful than mine.

I usually follow the golden rule "don't feed the troll" and I never reply to this kind of childish posts (though just writing this post means giving them the attention they are looking for), but if I had to reply to them I would simply write:

Well Said.

I thought today (2012) human kind realized that homosexuality is nothing bad? Or are "Linux-Users" lagging and not up to date?

Os' hating is somewhat most retarded position you can have. I'd like to know what those trolls would comment to someone like me. I have and use frequently Windows7, Linux (Mint KDE), PC-BSD. Everyone of those OS'es have their own uses. Windows is mainly for gaming, I don't have much installed there to keep system maximumly fast and usefull. Linux I use mainly for some multimedia viewing, as my perception is that it handles it somewhat better than PC-BSD, at least some of my movies play smoother there. And PC-BSD is for everyday use.

KNOStic said:
I'm personally a throwback to the days of Minix on an Olivetti 8088 box. Almost got it working too! I was so excited when Walnut Creek offered a CD of "Slackware 2.0.8" which I merrily installed on a 386 box since I was a Novell admin and back in the days of 3.x, Novell had no way of doing TCP/IP and the agency I worked for absolutely had to get on arpanet. So I tried early Linux. This of course back in the days when Linus would personally reply to questions in email if you convinced him that you were not a PEBKAC.

If I had a nickel for every time a Linux drive blew up in my face, never to return, I could personally fund the BSD Foundation. As Linux went to Gary Kildall's Digital Research and emerged as "Caldera Desktop Linux" which was actually pretty good. Alas, like all other Linuces, that too often blew up and ate itself. And over the years, my experiences with Linux didn't improve all that much. Red Hat was OK for a while as well, but I eventually had my fill of the misadventures and ease of shooting one's self in the foot and moved everything I did over to FreeBSD 6. Never looked back.

And as I read with glee the misadventures of Ubuntu, and Gnome 3 and all the rest, I kiss my little daemon on the lips every day in gratitude for the sanity of FreeBSD. Even despite the continuing adventures with Broadcom crap and Adobe continuing to give us the "you're number one" finger. I sure do understand why they opened the sea cock on the S S Linux. :)

Seriously though ... it's just as well that the tards don't like us much ... better for ALL of us!

Cheers

Mine was M19. Still works :)

TiberiusDuval said:
Windows is mainly for gaming, I don't have much installed there to keep system maximumly fast and usefull.
I always find it interesting that, in the OS wars, when someone talks about why Windows is the best OS and why they use it, games is the best answer they can give. I always tell them they should just get a XBox.

TiberiusDuval said:
Os' hating is somewhat most retarded position you can have. I'd like to know what those trolls would comment to someone like me. I have and use frequently Windows7, Linux (Mint KDE), PC-BSD. Everyone of those OS'es have their own uses.
+1!

TiberiusDuval said:
Windows is mainly for gaming

naaaah, a console it's 10 times better and cheaper(specially now, ports are awful). windows could be used for anything, the only reason is the huge amount of users. dev's are looking for sales, and windows environment spreading guarrantees that.

TiberiusDuval said:
Linux I use mainly for some multimedia viewing, as my perception is that it handles it somewhat better than PC-BSD, at least some of my movies play smoother there. And PC-BSD is for everyday use.

this is because decoding software is mainly developed thinking on linux, and video drivers and kmods are going in the same way :(.

a little experience, "developing" for linux:

recently i helped to deploy a platform, for CNC machine managing, on linux. there is a program called CNClinux that makes this task, partially, because users have to create their own CNC machine profiles in python(mainly), unfortunately, this program is only available for ubuntu 11 x(, because it breaks when some dependencies are updated. so when started to make our script, we realized the HUGE and infinite mess, present in the linux base of ubuntu, and in the program script guide, at the point that there is not an official way to make it, specially when you don't have a parallel port. documentation is poor, and most times, not-existent. so after a couple of weeks, we realized that our project was almost dead following that way... so now i can say, that linux is an awful mess, and the worse thing: this mess seems to be unstoppable in the same way of linux dev "progress".

TiberiusDuval said:
Os' hating is somewhat most retarded position you can have. I'd like to know what those trolls would comment to someone like me. I have and use frequently Windows7, Linux (Mint KDE), PC-BSD. Everyone of those OS'es have their own uses. Windows is mainly for gaming, I don't have much installed there to keep system maximumly fast and usefull. Linux I use mainly for some multimedia viewing, as my perception is that it handles it somewhat better than PC-BSD, at least some of my movies play smoother there. And PC-BSD is for everyday use.

Sounds familiar. My server at home (and about 50 more at my former employer) run on FreeBSD. For work, I use both Windows 7 and Ubuntu. For personal use, it is mostly Mint Cinnamon and Windows 7 as a game launcher.

And no, current consoles are no alternative to a high-powered gaming PC, due to performance limitations.

Never mind, I think one of best contributions to Linux: "Everyone can declassify their unpopular comments to learn what think their disrupted minds" :pP

Favoritism not imply to insult other users. A lot of us used or had used some Linux distribution.

The infamous AT&T/BSD lawsuits caused FreeBSD to jettison two-thirds of its codebase and start over from scratch, knocking its feature-set back several years, causing it to be bought out and divested by hopeful investors and only reaching robustness with code infusions from two commercial unix systems, BSD/OS and Mac OS X.

Old argument:AT&T lawsuit helps to launch Linux into mainstream.

Merry Christmas everyone!

P.S: Don't forget to support our special women thongs.

funky said:
Do you really think this person is a Linux user just because he claims to be one? Troll posts are just made for trolling, if you believe a single part of them you are trolled ;).

Whether he is or not, I know of GNU/Linux weenies who think like that and would post like that.

And yes, they're trolls to be ignored - whether they use Linux or not :)

drhowarddrfine said:
I always find it interesting that, in the OS wars, when someone talks about why Windows is the best OS and why they use it, games is the best answer they can give. I always tell them they should just get a XBox.

Unfortunately, there are games that are no good on consoles.

Flight simulations, FPSes, etc.

And yes, currently the only Windows install I have at home is for games :)

I also have a console for games that they do well.

throAU said:
Unfortunately, there are games that are no good on consoles.
My son is a big-time gamer and tells me that all the time but the phrase points out that there are a lot of people who, if it weren't for games, might not have a computer at all.

IHMO, thats is true love...So I hope Linux would like our Merry Christmas postals
devilgrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back