DVB boards that are compatible with FreeBSD

Hello,

I'd like to purchase a DVB-T board to watch TV on my computer with FreeBSD and VLC. Could you tell me what DVB-T boards are compatible with FreeBSD, please?
Thanks,

AFAIK The hauppauge cards PVR 150/250/350/500 can be made to work. These are traditional TV cards though, no DVB-T.

multimedia/pvr250 and multimedia/pvrxxx.

I'm sure hauppauge also has DVB-T cards. Perhaps one of the existing ports can be modified to work with those drivers too.

Thank you. Assuming the cx88 driver is the only driver that FreeBSD offers for DVB-T boards, how do I know if a specific board has a chip that is compatible with this driver ? If I plug the board, can I see from dmesg output if I have a compatible DVB-T board?

calande said:
Thank you. Assuming the cx88 driver is the only driver that FreeBSD offers for DVB-T boards, how do I know if a specific board has a chip that is compatible with this driver ? If I plug the board, can I see from dmesg output if I have a compatible DVB-T board?

pciconf -lv should gives you the needed informationen. Apart from this there is some work in process in current to build some layer for Linux device drivers. A v4l port is already in current. But that's something for the future. And there is some idea for GSoC the enhance the layer for DVB drivers http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/ideas.html#p-kernel-dvb

Back