Do you need two screens when you travel?

We all get older. But as a young nipper, I could read that...

Traveling for work: a smartphone or 9" screen would do. It's just emails.

Traveling private: only need the screen of my MX goggles. It's just motorcycling.

[edit] Traveling privately, indeed I have a second screen with me. One yellow-chrome and one clear.

I just wish my phone or ipad had a HDMI in so that I could use them as a second screen for my laptop during travel.

I just wish my phone or ipad had a HDMI in so that I could use them as a second screen for my laptop during travel.
USB > HDMI?

Playing around I discovered that I can connect my work Android phone to the DisplayLink to a big screen, keyboard and mouse. I presume it is possible to connect your smartphone to a TV-screen and use that.

USB > HDMI?

Playing around I discovered that I can connect my work Android phone to the DisplayLink to a big screen, keyboard and mouse. I presume it is possible to connect your smartphone to a TV-screen and use that.

You misunderstand. I want the phone to have HDMI in.

Once upon a time I used a thing called "synergy" to connect different screens on different machines running different systems into one big workspace. Maybe they still exist and work on iOS?

Two screens - much higher energy consumption. Especially with such a slim battery this thing won't run very long.

On desktops, it's not uncommon to open MS Word/LibreOffice on one screen, and pdfs or third party software on the other screen.

Back