Other Cinnamon screen-saver locking user out

Fresh install of 13.1-Release amd64, freebsd-update to p3/p5. Graphics/drm-kmod built from ports, everything else installed from pkg.
i915kms.ko loaded from rc.conf at boot time.
Succesful user login via console. Xorg started via startx, running cinnamon-session from ~/.xinitrc, system has no xorg.conf.
Everything works, user is happy. Until she/he stops for a break and the screen-saver/screen-lock activates due to inactivity. This then asks for the password in order to unlock the screen, however, it rejects everything -including the correct password. The same happens if I just manually start screen-lock from the menu. It seems there is no way back to the desktop once the screen-lock kicked in, because it accepts nothing. Everything looks perfectly like the user fails to provide the correct password.
I need to Ctrl+Alt+Fx switch back to my console vty I launched startx from, and press Ctrl+C to bring down Xorg.
Anybody else has similar experience?
Or a suggestion on how to fix this?

Is the keyboard configured correctly when the screen-lock happens?
Try a password whit one character which is the same on different keyboards .
I have been over these steps already.
That application does not accept any password as correct, it never unlocks.
I did test with a single-letter password which does not move around on different layouts. Same effect. Impossible to unlock the screen.
I hope to get confirmation from others experiencing the same behaviour, hence confirming that it is the screen-lock app being wrong.

I hope to get confirmation from others experiencing the same behaviour, hence confirming that it is the screen-lock app being wrong.

Or else, confirming that the cinnamon-screenlock app DOES unlock properly for any of you. Therefore confirming that it is NOT the app being wrong.

I did not get that far to even check for a bug report. The plan was to tactfully ask around first. :)
Thanks noob, I added a comment to that open issue, letting them know that the problem occurs on FreeBSD too.

Back