ath used as AP, is there any transmit power adjustments??

How can I turn up my power on ath wireless set to AP?

I have tried

"dev.ath.0.tpc
0 = disable 1 = enable

Switch on or off Transmission Power Control. Can be tricky in point to multipoint applications.

dev.ath.0.tpscale

Size of the increment that TPC will use to up/down the power, normally 1 is the best choice. A higher scale value will most likely make the link drop if the signal is close to what it needs to be and the TPC is throttled down.

dev.ath.0.tpack
0 -> 99

Controls the ACK power separately. Normally it is the same as tpcts

dev.ath.0.tpcts
0 -> 99

Controls the CTS power separately. Normally it is the same"

Is this something that can be done outside of the system tuneables above?

kernel: ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 4)

What about my dropped connections in the kitchen, how can I turn the power level up. I use to be able to do that with my older Airport Extreme and have good signal all over the house. Is there a similar setting for transmit and receive power?

everything works close to the AP. But if your one room away it drops connections.

Ignore these. The are a fact of life for an Atheros AP.
When I tried to use an Atheros WiFi card as an AP (admittedly about 6 years ago), it didn't work if the client was an Apple device. And the error message is exactly what the OP sees: stuck beacon. The reason is that Apple's implementation of the WiFi stack uses standard features and error handling that are missing in the FreeBSD stack. In my case it required rebooting the FreeBSD server frequently to clear that stuck "beacon". It also greatly reduced bandwidth for Apple clients. If you spend some time searching the web and reading the source, you can figure out exactly what the problem is, and I don't remember the details.

Perhaps this has changed in the last few years.

Code:
Use the following command to find the interface

ifconfig

shows my card as ath0_wlan0

now use this to check what your current level is

ifconfig ath0_wlan0

check the txpower it will show a very low value of 17-20%

adjust like a standard consumer grade AP to 40% transmit power

ifconfig ath0_wlan0 txpower 40

When I tried to use an Atheros WiFi card as an AP (admittedly about 6 years ago), it didn't work if the client was an Apple device. And the error message is exactly what the OP sees: stuck beacon. The reason is that Apple's implementation of the WiFi stack uses standard features and error handling that are missing in the FreeBSD stack. In my case it required rebooting the FreeBSD server frequently to clear that stuck "beacon". It also greatly reduced bandwidth for Apple clients. If you spend some time searching the web and reading the source, you can figure out exactly what the problem is, and I don't remember the details.

Perhaps this has changed in the last few years.
I resolved the stuck beacon that was caused by offboarding for me

also try

set hw.ath.bstuck with a value of 8 or higher.

Back