Any experience with BenQ monitors?

I'm almost certainly going to buy a BenQ G2220HD monitor. Does anyone already use this model or similar with FreeBSD? Any problems?

If you do, would you be good enough to post the Monitor section of your xorg.conf file?

Thanks, Benjamin

caesius said:
Does anyone already use this model or similar with FreeBSD? Any problems?
I've never tried that brand or model. But why would you encounter any problem with any monitor?

caesius said:
If you do, would you be good enough to post the Monitor section of your xorg.conf file?
I only ever use the Monitor section for gamma correction and similar options. What's really important is the Screen section. It's quite standard: you simply choose a DefaultDepth and set Modes to match the maximal resolution mentioned in the manual or the menu on the monitor itself.

Beastie said:
I've never tried that brand or model. But why would you encounter any problem with any monitor?

I only ever use the Monitor section for gamma correction and similar options. What's really important is the Screen section. It's quite standard: you simply choose a DefaultDepth and set Modes to match the maximal resolution mentioned in the manual or the menu on the monitor itself.

Thanks, yes I meant Screens, i.e. what values of VertRefresh and HorizSync do you use for new LCD monitors?

Horizontal Frequency 24 ~ 83 (KHz) 24 ~ 83 (KHz)
Vertical Frequency 50 ~ 76 (Hz) 50 ~ 76 (Hz)

That information is in the specifications tab of the same page you linked ;). If it wasn't, your best bet would be to find a downloadable PDF of the manual.

Bear in mind that the intel, nvidia, and radeon drivers all query monitors for their supported modes these days. You can over ride that by defining a new modeline in the Monitor section and using the PrefferedMode option (also in the monitor section).

Adam

Yes, I use the BenQ G2220HD with FreeBSD.
No problems, works like a charm.
I use the "nv" driver currently. Nothing special in the monitor section
Code:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Monitor Model"
EndSection
And the only thing I set in the Screens section is DefaultDepth:
Code:
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     1
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     4
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     8
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     15
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection
xorg.conf generated by # xorg -configure, then edited by me. Nothing to it.

Back