general/other Questions about libvirt / kvm / qemu from a migrating Gentoo user

Hey guys i just want to say hi and this is my first post on the freeBSD forums, still typing OpenBSD for some reason instead of FreeBSD XD. Anyway iam migrating some of my systems i administer over to freeBSD. I consider my self a intermediate to pro Gentoo user, so i should be able to catch up quick to you guys hopefully. So i know i could probably find some answers to some of my questions without doing this post but i thought id ask you guys for help about a few virtualization details. Hoping i can get a fast reply here to help me, i just started using freeBSD as of yesterday and so far ive gotten my xserver and lxde desktop environment running with basic internet connectivity. Ok so here we go on to the questions.

I noticed when searching around about doing a libvirt setup on freeBSD i came across something called Bhyve. Is this 100% required to get libvirt working, the reason i ask is because i dont use any of the virtio drivers really. I do all of my hardware 100% passthough... will this prevent me from needing Bhyve? Also i dont need bridged networking or anything like that as of now.

Next statement and question. So far i have installed libvirtd, added it to my startup, installed qemu, created a libvirt group, added the usr to the group and disabled tls connection as of now. When i go to start libvirtd -d , i get an error /var/run/libvirt/network/driver.pid that the resource is temporary unavilable. How can i go about just removing this from libvirt, iam used to the Gentoo use flag system and i was wondering if there is a way i can just removed the emulated networking functions of libvirt to get this bad boy started? or am i going to have to use Bhyve for networking or KVM features? slightly confused here XD

Back