Updated libgcrypt, now can't run Firefox or Chromium

During my weekly updating of ports, I wasn't paying attention and one of the ports I updated also updated security/libgcrypt. Now both www/firefox and www/chromium won't upgrade because they have security issues of MULTIPLE_VULNERABILITIES and FORBIDDEN, respectively. But when I tried to run either currently installed browser, they now can't find security/libgcrypt so I'm stuck.

I was hoping the security issues would be resolved quickly but it's been a few days so I'm looking for advice on how to get out of this situation.

pkubaj said:
When compiling, define DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES. E.g. portmaster -m "DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes. As for FORBIDDEN, you can just hash that in the port's Makefile.

I tried compiling Firefox as you showed late last night but it failed. Chromium also failed when I tried commenting out FORBIDDEN last night. I didn't write down the errors cause I was going to bed. I'll try that again in a bit to see what the errors are.

Thanks for the info about Firefox.

EDIT: Firefox is compiling so far by disabling vulnerabilites. I don't know what I did wrong last night. I'll try Chromium again when that's done.

Here's the error when I comment out FORBIDDEN, disable vulnerabilities and try to compile Chromium:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 59, in < module> " function, see issue 3770.")
ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation, therrefore, the required syncronization primitives needed will not function, see issue 3770.
*** [do-configure] Error code 1

For the time being you can keep the previous version of chromium running (probably firefox as well) with a symlink to the new libgcrypt
Code:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.so.20.0.1 /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.so.19

We have a doc somewhere on how that can come back to haunt you.

How old is this system? I remember kldload sem was needed, but that was a long time back.

Yeah, I'm always reluctant to do that since I tend to forget those are there and I once got tripped up for a long time when I last did that. It's a personal problem but now I need to get some work done so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

@wblock I'm on version 9.2

Last edited by a moderator:
drhowarddrfine said:
Here's the error when I comment out FORBIDDEN, disable vulnerabilities and try to compile Chromium:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 59, in < module> " function, see issue 3770.")
ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation, therrefore, the required syncronization primitives needed will not function, see issue 3770.
*** [do-configure] Error code 1

Hi,

Make sure lang/python27 is built with
Code:
SEM=on
If it isn't, rebuild lang/python27 with the option turned on and www/chromium should build. SEM is on by default now.

@protocelt SEM was not set in my config for lang/python27. I went ahead and set that and rebuilt but, since the new version of chromium has vulnerabilities, and I got the old one up and running, I'll just leave it alone for now. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back