Starter to building webrtc on FreeBSD

I think that I should put this on hold.
I am not able to deal with the negativity, bullshit, or jerking around.

Here are the lessons that none of you desire to learn:
You have to work together so get this crap about which system is better out of your thoughts. Nothing will improve until you work together on problems.
If I can do things with what little I have, then the rest of you have absolutely no excuse.
Instead of openly hoping and asking, make an effort.
If you are stuck at a certain step, then let others know what they can work on- in your tutorial/project- while you search for a solution.
Use references for others to follow. It keeps you from doing their homework and helps them to learn and improve their own.

I am pissed but I am not leaving anyone hanging in mid air.

If any of you actually want anything on this thread to be a reality.....
If any of you want FreeBSD to affect web standards in a positive way....
If any of you want to learn...
then you will find a way of doing it as I found a way of starting.

I want to be left alone for a little while.

You may also use the ezjail utility in /usr/ports/sysutils for setting up the jailed environment.

For right now:
Any feedback on the environment of the jail- and nothing else- please let me know.

1. Were you able to setup a jailed environment on your own?
2. Were you able to setup the same environment as listed in the two linked tutorials and earlier in this thread?

If you had trouble as far as 1 goes, I will try to find a set of tutorials and link them here.
If you had trouble as far as 2 goes, let me know where you stopped. I will try to find you the references you need.

For me, networking within the jail is frustrating.

I need to clean this tutorial up quite a bit.

Let me know where there is difficulty in understanding. All personal references will be removed unless they are used to encourage others, then you will get a fortune cookie.

There's something that most people forget to tell you about jails, and that is the kernel configuration options.

Take note on this.

From /kern/root/kernels/MY_KERNEL.conf
Code:
options         VPS
options         VIMAGE
options         MROUTING

Whenever you build any jail, it should be done with a kernel compiled with the above options.

Alright.
1. Vimage does not work well with pf. There is a patch. One could also disable pf within the jail, if that is possible. I'll look into that later.
2. VPS is testing. The diff is against 10.0
I have upgraded to 11.0 revision 263906 and have patched source for udplite.

New start.

This is AMD64/x86_64 only for the current moment.

What you will need is listed earlier in this thread; but, for the sake of convenience:
1. A minimum of a dual core processor.
2. A minimum of 1G RAM.
3. A minimum of a 120G hard disk.
4. An internet connection.
5. CURRENT amd64 burned to a disk or set onto USB.

Installation:
Choose ZFS-on-root option.

Installation can be done by using svn- which will be used soon- to get HEAD from svn on your current disk. It's easier just to avoid the headache by backing up and reinstalling.

After system setup:

#svn checkout [url=svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head]svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head[/url] /usr/src

There are four patches/diffs that I applied to my source. The reason is that I am trying to setup OS level virtualization options to go along with OS emulation and system sharing while using an optional passive networking mode.
In other words, we will be attempting to hack an Android device and GoogleOS through and with FreeBSD.

#cd /usr/src

The patches/diffs:
1. VPS http://www.7he.at/freebsd/vps/files/diffs/vps-r215.diff
# patch -p1<vps-r215.diff
2. UDPLite http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/udplite.diff
# patch <udplite.diff
3. PF_MTAG 1 & 2
a. http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/pf_mtag.patch
# patch <pf_mtag.patch
b. http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/pf_mtag.2.patch
# patch <pf_mtag.2.patch

The build should be done with -j3(+X )with X=number of cores above 2.
Keep the kernel hertz rate at 2000.

I've encountered an Error 2 with the parallel build; so, for now, scratch the "-j3(+X)" option.

Okay, temporary file in /usr/obj/... of time.h is the breaking point.

Edit /usr/src/sys/sys/time.h to include the full path of /usr/src/sys/vps/vps.h.

My laptop fizzled out on me. If anyone has made a record of your progress with this project,
then please let it be known here. Thanks muchly.

Be sure to have your Android embedded device rooted. When it is possible, I will inquire on loading alternate- Read that as non-Linux based- system.

Back