Flash video player timestamp window

wblock@

Developer
When watching YouTube, the Flash player often shows a transparent timestamp overlay window in the upper left. It can be closed, but reappears a few seconds later. For an example, it happens on this video of the recent SpaceX launch:

Can that timestamp window be disabled by default?

Code:
firefox-28.0,1
nspluginwrapper-1.4.4_3
linux-f10-flashplugin-11.2r202.346

Attachments

• flash-timestamp.jpg
    flash-timestamp.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 551
I see the same issue. While it's great to have access to this information, it can be rather annoying when closing it doesn't fully work and it reappears just seconds later.

I do not see the box using www/chromium playing the entire SpaceX video. I don't think I am intentionally disabling anything in www/chromium to affect this, but I'll dig around and see if I can figure out how to make it appear.
Code:
chromium-33.0.1750.152_1
nspluginwrapper-1.4.4_3
linux-f10-flashplugin-11.2r202.346

I've never seen that but I signed up for HTML5 video delivery and I more use Chrome nowadays. So find the HTML5 video sign up page. I assume you still need to do that unless Google auto sends HTML5 video in place of Flash when possible.

The issue with the annoying information window reappearing seems to have to do with bugs on individual pages for individual videos. When I called up the Adobe Flash right-click menu for the video and kept it for some seconds, a browser pop-up box appeared saying that "a script was there busy doing something and whether I wanted to stop it or not". Which then hung up even without my interference, after which the "timestamp etc." window didn't reappear.

After that I opened up wblock@'s video and the transparent window there appeared only once and never reappeared after closing it. That's rather dark...

It is not consistent, some videos do not show it, and some that used to show it do not. I did try setting that option off, but it has some undesirable side effects, like browser lockup when the some of the video controls are used.

I can remember having had the same problem: the "Stats for nerds" window would keep reappearing.

My "solution" was to rm -rf ~/.macromedia && touch ~/.macromedia && chmod 0000 ~/.macromedia. Doing this (obviously) removes all Flash Player settings and prevents it from storing new ones.

Back